Heng Long Panther Tank

Neat. It actually does look like a Panther. The last HL ones I saw looked liked a weird mix of everything that vaguely resembled nothing. I bought a Tiger 1 instead,but will have a look at this one when I can. Have they upgraded the innards too or is it standard HL gear?

Cheers

mtd

i think the panther is the best tank heng long have done' you can do quite a lot with it, i gave mine a bit of a face-lift.

regards oz!.

HLpanther_zpscee983cb.jpg

• Like 5

its a good looking tank guys' its definitely worth getting' the only silly mistake which for the life of me i cant understand why HL did it is the stepped ridge which runs around the inside edge of the wheels, i scraped the ridges away with a curved scalpel blade and smoothed it off with some wet and dry its pretty easy to do, which isn't necessary unless your a panther geek like..........er me!!! :nerd:

regards oz!

• Like 1

its a good looking tank guys' its definitely worth getting' the only silly mistake which for the life of me i cant understand why HL did it is the stepped ridge which runs around the inside edge of the wheels, i scraped the ridges away with a curved scalpel blade and smoothed it off with some wet and dry its pretty easy to do, which isn't necessary unless your a panther geek like..........er me!!! :nerd:

regards oz!

Yes Oz, and the Drive sprocket has no cover and the rear idler. Also the the front lower armor is not at the right angle, :rolleyes: for all that it is Fantastic value for £80 and you can have some fun with it. :D

I have this update set on its way. :)

$_57.JPG

Net Photo

Edited by magman2

yep' agree on all your points magman2, and the sprocket set is a must have set.

regards oz!.

I have fitted the Metal Drive sprocket and the rear idler, and the mesh screens.

I need to add the pie slices to raised Fan, I do have photos of the panther tanks with pie slices and no louver covers on the right hand grills.

2014-07-17145904_zps99c21f9c.jpg

• Like 1

yo magma2, post some new piccies of the updated turret when you get the chance please.

cheers oz!.

The turret arrived today, very nice looks like a 1/16 Cyber/Dragon Turret.

This will be for a new Tank. :rolleyes:

2014-07-25182945_zps7951ca00.jpg

I will make this production turret, Monocular gun sight, no forward periscope, and with the curved spare wheel brackets on the rear.

This is the one that went to the US, I think it was sent for Scrap metal during the Korean War . :(

1387295431_7_zps419b109b.jpg

Panther20Schmalturm20prototype20turret20

Net photos

15092008178_zpsa9f536d2.jpg

My 1/35 Dragon Panther F, (stalled again) will be a production F.

Edited by magman2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nice' very nice, like the steel wheel on the rear station.

regards oz!.

• Like 1

no worries mate' glad to be of help :thumbsup:

cheers oz!.