МиГ-21бис РВ и ПВО СРЈ 1:72

Hello again.

Today I have finished my new MiG-21. It took me 3 days of non stop work to assemble this aircraft. This is Zvezda's kit. For many modellers this is the one of the best kits ever made for MiG-21 bis. It is really easy to assemble it and plastics is very good. But that was not good enough for me since I ve made some mistakes due to mine lack of expirience. As you can see I ve ruined the cockpit glass with paint and Revells painta clean. Some say that it came up really good since this is my first mig after 7 years of pause. Last one, presented on this forum was conversion.

I used Humbrol paint, Revells glue and ordinary brush. I haven't armed the mig since I didn't buy red and white paint. When I get them I'll arm the mig and maybe make a small diorama since I've got some additional parts whit this kit.

Anyway mig has FR Yugoslav markings that were used form 1992 till 2006. This aircraft belongs to 126 fighter squadron from Batajnica airbase in Belgrade. Mig-21bis was the backbone of Yugoslav air force during the 90's and beyond till nowdays in Serbian air force.

If you have any advice please speak up and openly criticise my work.

Thank you.

mig-21-1_zps38cbbd7c.jpg

mig-21-2_zps15478ab3.jpg

mig-21-3_zps947000fc.jpg

mig-21-4_zps33e7f706.jpg

mig-21-5_zps67a2be3e.jpg

mig-21-7_zps46431162.jpg

mig-21-6_zps8a8b9ccd.jpg

mig-21-8_zpsd6b394ee.jpg

mig-21-9_zps056c06be.jpg

• Like 1

A good looking MiG you've got there! Not easy to brush paint such a monotone livery, but you have done it really well.

As you can see from the photo of the underside of the plane, it pays to take extra care when lining up small parts. The belly tank isn't quite parallel with the centreline and I think that the mainwheel tyres may be worn out very quickly, skewed out like that… ;-)

But all in all, very good work!

Kind regards,

Joachim