Hi Everyone,

I have just completed this build.

I have used Revell acrylic paints to complete this build. Silky matt black for the body colour.

I decided to do this build as a custom paint/decal build for myself so it has the blue decals on it.

Anyway here are the photos :

GT500-Complete-1_zps18ae1483.jpg

GT500-Complete-2_zpsc6833547.jpg

GT500-Complete-3_zps526b80e4.jpg

GT500-Complete-4_zpsa334a107.jpg

GT500-Complete-5_zpsd639c63a.jpg

GT500-Complete-6_zps7e2722bb.jpg

GT500-Complete-7_zps40414389.jpg

This is my first muscle car build that I have completed in 2014.

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 3

Well done Rick.

The black and blue theme is quite appropriate as the real car is a 'bruiser' ;)

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

It was a really fun build. Its given me the bug to build another car now, probably the 2010 Camaro SS which I would do as Bumblebee from the transformers movies.

You've also given me the nickname for the car. Its now known as The Bruiser.

Rick

• Like 1

Nice work, I have a soft spot for the GT500, must get one of these!

Thanks very much. I have always had a soft spot for this car after watching the episode of Custom My Ride where West Coast Customs create this version of the Gt500 with Carroll Shelby, oh yeah and Knight Rider 2008.

I would definitely recommend this kit for any members who want to build a kit of this car.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

I have now after watching the Need For Speed movie decided that I want to build at least one more of these cars in a silver paint with blue decal finish and possibly 1 in a ferrari red colour as they actually show cars in both colours during the film.....

there's a "Need For Speed" movie???!?!? Good grief - I almost don't want to know what C Grade actors they hired for this no doubt CGI movie.

Man, Hollywood must be coming up short on movie ideas if they have to go to the computer games market for inspiration....

Nice build BTW

MH

there's a "Need For Speed" movie???!?!? Good grief - I almost don't want to know what C Grade actors they hired for this no doubt CGI movie.

Man, Hollywood must be coming up short on movie ideas if they have to go to the computer games market for inspiration....

Nice build BTW

MH

Thanks very much MH,

The movie is very good, they hired Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad) as the main lead, Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark from Captain America First Avenger) and Michael Keaton to name just a few.

The cars especially the Koenigsburgs are not CGI apparently they made shells of them for the film.

Rick