'One to show the Grandkids' someday.

brodiebear

very nice job.

regards oz!.

A 'catch me natural', love it. Are they 45gallon drums on the rear? They surely can't be fuel tanks, can they?

External fuel tanks from IWM;

The Challenger proved its combat worth during Operation Desert Storm in Iraq, in 1991, where it acheived an outstanding service availablity of over 90%, in the harsh desert environment. There were many modifications made to adapt it for use, including an improved cooling system, better air cleaners, extra side skirts from Chobham armour, bolt on reactive front armour, and extra fuel carried in external tanks.
  • Like 1

Beautifully done. If I was to be really picky, though, I'd say the Scots Grots wore a light grey beret with a big black patch on it behind their rather large cap badge.

Of course this could be one of the blokes clearing up afterwards, which a Squadron of my lot did after Op GRANBY. We managed to pinch a Warrior ARV by painting 5 INNIS DG BFPO 16 on the side of it (as the SCOTS DG is on your CR) and it was delivered to us...

Edit to correct beret colour!

Edited by C&WR
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Beautifully done. If I was to be really picky, though, I'd say the Scots Grots wore a light grey beret with a big black patch on it behind their rather large cap badge.

Of course this could be one of the blokes clearing up afterwards, which a Squadron of my lot did after Op GRANBY. We managed to pinch a Warrior ARV by painting 5 INNIS DG BFPO 16 on the side of it (as the SCOTS DG is on your CR) and it was delivered to us...

Edit to correct beret colour!

I may look into changing the beret, if he isnt stuck tight. Amazing story on the warrior - next build for me

I may look into changing the beret, if he isnt stuck tight. Amazing story on the warrior - next build for me

Sadly we didn't get to keep it, despite a very rapid repaint into temperate colours. I'll look forward to seeing the build, there is so much interesting in the CR one I expect it will be great :)

• 2 months later...

Very nice, I had the idea from a photographic report from Op Telic. Although I wanted to pose the figures sat on the turret. Bit limited with Modern British figures, accurate armour figures are awesome too.

Regards

Simon