Pocher 1/8th Rolls Royce Phantom II Sedanca.

I knew if you could build something that complex-so well-that you could get a couple of pictures onto a web site!

Beautiful workmanship and so glad to have you here.

You are much further along than mine is and it's great to see for inspiration to press on.

Be happy to share information on any aspects.

Edited by Codger

Maybe we should start a 'Pocher' thread????

Lovely build. I'm enjoying building the Aventador but these Rollers are tempting me to dig out the Alfa, or even the Merc.....

It's bringing back fun memories of my Phantom Torpedo build.

Roy.

Glad you got the pictures sussed.....Are you still battling with Explorer? Installing Firefox or Chrome really will solve your difficulties and it's a completely painless process. ;)

PS - Those wheels are a thing of beauty.....Modern 'alloys' look a bit pants compared to something like that, don't they? B)

Thank's a lot for the kind replies. I am currently doing battle with the seats and pleased to say that it's not going too bad. But I am being a bit of a coward as well, as I am trying to leave the painting for as long as possible. Not the world's best with an airbrush, even though I have about four of the things. I much prefer good, old fashioned paint brushes. ( Crikey! I really must be old)

Hi codger.

It would take a long time and a lot of drawings to describe the way that I am doing the seats. For instance, the materials I used are:- Leather, plastizote, brass sheet, filler, balsa wood, plastic strip and contact adhesive. That should give you some idea of why it would take a long time to explain. And I have yet to add the wood pull down tray on the back of the seat, although mine will be fixed and not fold down like the one in the kit, which is useless!!

However, I am willing to give it a try, so if you are interested then perhaps we could try and work something out between us.

No no Fox,

No tutorial needed. Indeed the materials alone suggest your method. What counts is your results are beautiful.

My planned course for them is to fab them out of balsa, cover, not sure of final material. I'm pre-occupied with finding scale Haartz cloth for the top and maybe the door kicks. So far no luck.

And un-like Roy, I'm not cutting up a Brooks Bros blazer for a top... :fraidnot::mental:

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have two finished seats, at last. Took a while getting there, but I think it was worth it. The seats that come with the kit are complete rubbish, and that is putting it mildly. The only parts I used were the two 'shells' for the want of a better word, and because of the very brittle plastic these were broke about four times, so this called for drastic measures.

The first thing I did was to remove the 'boxes' for the drop down tables in the backs of the seats, then the tables themselves were glued into place and then there was a copious amount of filler spread over the top. Next thing was to cut some thin brass sheet to the shape of the inside of the seat, after taking a paper pattern, this was then glued into place using epoxy resin adhesive and clamped in every conceivable place. No way was they going to break again!!.

Anyway, not wishing to bore you any longer, that was just the first stage of the seats, so I will leave it to you to decide what further troubles I had!! Needless to say I think I now need to lie down quietly in a darkened room to get over it, and then build a 'normal' kit that goes together by just blowing on the parts! but I think we all know that is never going to happen!!

Larry.

Sorry, repeated one image twice!!

011.jpg011.jpg005-1.jpg007-1.jpg

Edited by foxfriend

• 2 months later...

It's been a while since I posted some photo's of the Rolls, but I have been doing some more work on it lately after about a three month break, so here are some pic's of where I am at so far.

I have painted the black on the various body panels, and now it's only the blue left to do. Not worth posting photo's of them until they are finished, so watch this space.............!

Larry

002-2.jpg

004-2.jpg003-3.jpg005-3.jpg41307dc8-8b85-4ca6-9e37-965e1faf58c4.jpg

41307dc8-8b85-4ca6-9e37-965e1faf58c4.jpg