Pocher 1/8th Rolls Royce Phantom II Sedanca.

This is just a trial run to see if I am doing this right. If I am you should, hopefully, see a couple of photos of my Rolls Royce completed engine and gearbox.

Here's hoping......

Welcome aboard-can never have too many Sedancas. :yahoo:

We both have a tough row to hoe since Mattblack set the bar so high with his 'India' Torpedo.

Here's mine and would love to compare war stories with you.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234961409-a-big-rolls-royce/

I've got a 95% complete chassis but am wrestling with engine detail now. I'm sure you'll be driving yours before I get it on its feet.

Plenty of photos please and I'll be stealing--er-observing your ideas. :Tasty:

You have to put your photo's into a web system like Photobucket.
It's free as long as you don't have 70+ pages of them - like me......

Then, in photobucket, left-click on the hyperlink under the picture you want, then right-click and 'copy'.

In your BM message, click on the little green-ish 'picture' icon on the bar above where you are writing, and paste the link in the field that will pop up.

It sounds fiddly, but its actually simple.

You CAN'T add pictured direct from your computer. You have to use Photobucket or similar.

All the best, Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

Hi Roy.

Thank's for the reply. All my photo's are on photobucket, and I have tried everything you suggest, but when I click on the image icon it always comes up with a pop up box asking for the URL, I try to copy the image into this box, which has been successful a few times, but then the box refuses to budge, even if I click on cancel. Damned if I know what the answer is.

Regards,

Larry.

Hi Roy.

Thank's for the reply. All my photo's are on photobucket, and I have tried everything you suggest, but when I click on the image icon it always comes up with a pop up box asking for the URL, I try to copy the image into this box, which has been successful a few times, but then the box refuses to budge, even if I click on cancel. Damned if I know what the answer is.

Regards,

Larry.

Not sure what you are doing wrong here.....

In PB, your pictures should have a URL in a window underneath each one.

Click on the URL - it turns blue.

Then 'right click' and copy the URL.

Paste it into the box that appears when you click on the green picture icon in BM.

(Don't try to copy/paste the picture itself.)

It should upload.

Give the following a go.....

Roy.

Image1_zps98db486f.jpg

Go to PB - Find your pics...

Image2_zpsc07a9ab8.jpg

Left click on the URL of the pic you want...

Image3_zps9baaa7f3.jpg

Now right click and COPY...

Image4_zps8761a502.jpg

Go to BM, open your NEW MESSAGE and click the green IMAGE icon...

Image5_zps462e805e.jpg

In the pop-up window, PASTE the URL...

Image6_zps8427818a.jpg

It should appear in the window - click OK.....

Image7_zpsd5abb22a.jpg

Hey presto..... Picture.

All the best, Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

Hi Roy,

Thanks for all the help you are giving me here.

Looking at your pictures how they appear on photobucket is completely different to how mine are appearing. My pics do not have a window below them, they are just the pic. Mine have all the details down the right hand side of the screen, and it is these that I try to copy, but to no avail. So it looks to me like they have changed their format, which, frustratingly, they seem to keep on doing. I will have to contact them with the problem and see what they can come up with.

Best regards, Larry.

One other option.....

In PB, if I remember correctly (other format which you have) if you hover over a pic, a little star (or something) appears in the top right corner. I'm referring to the page view where you see lots of thumbnail pics - not a close-up full picture.

Either click on the little icon, or continue to hover and a small drop-down list appears.

I think one of the headings has something like 'link' or similar in it.

That's the link you need to copy and paste.

If it doesn't work, try some of the other options. It's definitely one of those.

Roy.

This sounds similar to how mine looks. When in album/library view (thumbnail images) when you hover over the image, a cog icon will appear in the top right hand corner. When you hover over this you get a drop down menu. In the menu is an option to 'Get Links'. Click this option and a window will open with the various links depending on where you are sharing the image,

On mine the last option in the IMG link for forums/boards etc. All you have to do is left click and it will automatically copy the link. I then just paste the link into the passage of text I am writing.

Hope this helps...

No problem getting the image pasted into the URL box, but the box still will not let me do anything with it. I click on OK, cancel or even close, nothing happens!! At this rate I will be pulling out what little hair I have left.

It appears that this problem is with either BM or my computer. I have been having a play with all the various things on the tool bar along the top of the reply window, and whichever one brings up a window it doesn't matter what I click on, I cannot get rid of the window. I have to use the back button to start again.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very appreciative!!

Edited by foxfriend

Very odd.....

I'm assuming that when click on one of the BM top-bar icons, you get the window to enter something....

Does the new window have a dark blue top with a little 'x' in a black circle, in the top RH corner?

What browser are you using?

I'm using Google chrome.

There might be something in one of your browser settings that is blocking the forum from running properly.

Other than that, I'm baffled.

Roy.

I think foxfriend must be using Internet Explorer, which just doesn't work with this forum engine.....If he switches to Firefox (works for me) or Chrome (works for you) the issue will evaporate instantly! :smartass:

I think foxfriend must be using Internet Explorer, which just doesn't work with this forum engine.....If he switches to Firefox (works for me) or Chrome (works for you) the issue will evaporate instantly! :smartass:

Funnily enough, I found that IE hardly works properly with ANYTHING........

Dump IE and get Firefox or Chrome.

You'll find that your whole internet will run better as a bonus.

If you're unsure, or feel 'not up to fiddling with a computer'.......

Just Google the new browser you want and choose 'Install'.

That's it.

It will even transfer all your favourites etc if you want them.

You don't have to uninstall IE if you don't want to.

Just use your new browser instead. IE can stay on your machine.

Roy.

• Like 1

Sorry, it did'nt work.

I finally give up, thanks for all the help from everyone, I am off here now, I have spent too long at this computer. I enjoyed it while it lasted, happy modelling to one and all.

Sorry, it did'nt work.

I finally give up, thanks for all the help from everyone, I am off here now, I have spent too long at this computer. I enjoyed it while it lasted, happy modelling to one and all.

Hate to lose you Fox. Would love to follow your build. Maybe another forum??...