Revell 1/25 Shelby GT500 **COMPLETE***

Hi Everyone,

Here is my next project : Revell 1/25 Shelby GT500

Normally this kit is painted in Ferrari Red with Black decals, White with Blue decals or Brown/Steel mix with White decals. I am not doing any of these colour schemes.

I am going with a Gloss Black body with the Blue decals from the kit. All of the chrome accent parts are going to be used.

This is my dream car, so I am doing it as a custom build for me.

Anyway here are the sprue shots.

Spue8-11_zpsc9127d55.jpg

Sprue3-7_zps58228954.jpg

Sprue14Chrome_zps7bc7498f.jpg

Sprue12_zps375566ad.jpg

Sprue1amp2_zpsda81d4f8.jpg

BodyampTyres_zps7191ffaf.jpg

I have aready started painting the engine components so will be starting assembly of the engine components later and then its onto the chassis etc.

Photos tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,
Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

Looks like a great project.

I bought one of these kits on the strength of the advertising. It was shown in black with red stripes and I was dissapointed to find there was no red stripe option in the box.

Will be watching your progress with interest.

Steve.

• Like 1

Nice choice of car, a lot of people have be11 very critical to ford for the new style mustangs but i actually like the newer ones.

Shaun

Thanks Shaun,

I absolutely love the new style mustangs, ever since I saw the new version of knight rider and also a program of custom my ride in which they developed the new car with Carroll Shelby himself.

Rick

Looks like a great project.

I bought one of these kits on the strength of the advertising. It was shown in black with red stripes and I was dissapointed to find there was no red stripe option in the box.

Will be watching your progress with interest.

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

So far I am calling this one of my favourite build of the year so far as it is going together really well.

Rick

Hi everyone,

So far I have completed assembly up to stage 9 (which I will be posting photos of tomorrow morning) on this kit.

I have also done all of the painting for stages 10 and 11.

I am hoping to get this kit as close to completion by the end of the weekend, so expect a series of large updates tomorrow.

Rick

Hi Everyone,

Here is today's update on this project. I have completed all of the construction up to and including stage 11. I will be doing more work on this kit in a couple of hours.

Anyway onto the photos.

Excuse the slightly blurryness of some of the photos, my camera was playing up.

Stage 1

Stage1_zpsa848a0d1.jpg

Stage 2

Stage2_zps20ad8a26.jpg

Stage 3R

Stage3R_zpse2dd097f.jpg

Stage 3L

Stage3L_zpse97be60c.jpg

Stage 4

Stage4_zpsb11e1cdb.jpg

Stage 5

Stage5_zps833fb6c5.jpg

Stage 6

Stage6_zps41ade85c.jpg

Stage 7

Stage7_zpsccf0fdd0.jpg

Stage 8

Stage8_zps6bc61009.jpg

Stage 9

Stage9_zps219607b3.jpg

Stage 10

Stage10_zpsbd84cacb.jpg

Stage 11

Stage11_zps42cee852.jpg

Anyway thanks for looking.

More progress to follow.

Rick

• Like 1

Stages 12 to 18 are now complete.

I will post photos tomorrow night.

I will be starting work on the interior tomorrow night as stages 12 to 18 relate to assembly of the front and rear suspension.

Rick

Looking good, I can't wait to see how this turns out. Whenever I do model cars I always try to make them as if I were buying one, it makes it more fun to build!

Rich

• Like 1

Looking good, I can't wait to see how this turns out. Whenever I do model cars I always try to make them as if I were buying one, it makes it more fun to build!

Rich

Thanks Rich,

I don't think you will be waiting very long for me to finish this as I have completed painting most of the remaining components this morning.

Rick

PAINTING UPDATE :

Painting of all of the components for stages 19 thru 24, 27 and 30 is now complete.

I will be starting the black finish to the main body tonight so that I should be able to begin final assembly tomorrow evening after work.

I will post some photos tonight once I have done the assembly work on stages 19-24 and painted the main body.

Thanks for looking.

Rick

Hi Everyone,

Here is tonight's update. This kit is now all painted and ready for final assembly & decals.

Anyway onto the photos.

Stage 19

Stage19_zpse1502b11.jpg

Stage 20

Stage20_zps129fd745.jpg

Stage 21

Stage21_zpsad2171b5.jpg

Stage 22L

Stage22L_zps4673d9c6.jpg

Stage 22R

Stage22R_zps6d1054c8.jpg

Stage 23

Stage23_zpsb142a3d0.jpg

Stage 24

Stage24-1_zps107f9b59.jpg

I have changed the final body colour from Gloss Black to a Silky Matt Black instead.

I will be working on the final assembly and painting of the light areas before putting the headlights/tail lights in place over the next couple of days. Then its onto the decals.

I will post again when the car is in rolling form with the body installed.

Thanks for looking.

Rick

ASSEMBLY UPDATE

I have completed the glazing of the 2 windscreens and the pocket panel windows at the rear.

The only disappointment with this kit is the fact that there aren't any panels for the door windows.

Photos tonight as I will be starting on decals etc.

Rick

Looking forward to seeing this. I wanted to build one for the Less than a tenner GB but didn't have the time.

Thanks very much,

I should get this mostly finished tonight as I have not got many more components to assemble,

Look for more photos later.

Rick

Hi Everyone,

Here is tonight's update.

I have completed the majority of the construction for this kit now. The only areas left are to paint the tail light areas so that I can install the lights and then to fit the headlights, wing mirrors and chrome logos.

Then its onto the decals.

Anyway here are tonights photos.

Stage 25L

Stage25L_zpscf8c9f6a.jpg

Stage 25R

Stage25R_zpsa2adc7c0.jpg

Stage 26

Stage26_zps85900344.jpg

Stage 27

Stage27-1_zps7ec52cea.jpg

Stage27-2_zpsc3f17d1f.jpg

Stage27-3_zpscae4cdd7.jpg

Stage 28

Stage28-1_zps86464627.jpg

Stage28-2_zps2cd1faaa.jpg

Stage 29

Stage29_zpsad6fa935.jpg

Stage29-2_zps27a46df6.jpg

Stage 31

Stage31-1_zps07e621c3.jpg

Stage31-2_zps03d550ee.jpg

Stage 33

Stage33_zpsa22b613d.jpg

Stage 35

Stage35_zps58be5dc7.jpg

Anyway thanks for looking. I am aiming to have this build completed either tomorrow night or on Saturday with all of the decals done and chrome accent pieces added.

Rick

• Like 1

UPDATE

I have painted the interior of the light housings on this car silver and have also painted the lights themselves.

They should be ready for installing by the time I get home tonight along with the wing mirrors.

Then its onto decals and the remaining chrome pieces.

Rick

Hi Everyone,

This build is now completed.

I have just posted the RFI thread here is the link : http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963637-revell-125-shelby-gt500/

Thanks for looking everyone. I am really happy with the way this one came out.

Rick