Hi guys

I guess this is my first post in the ready for inspection topic. The subject is a Turkish Air Force F-100D from the 1964 conflict. It's OOB, except the decals and some work on the wheels, canopy and flaps. Hope you like her.

c1.jpg

c4.jpgc2.jpgc5.jpg

For more photos and info please check http://militaryaviation148.blogspot.com/

Thanks for watching, feel free to criticize..

• Like 25

Thanks guys.

The heat staining is not hard to do. First you spray the whole thing in light aluminium, mask different panels and spray each one with a very diluted black - different panel, different thinner/black ratio. It turns out brownish and burnt. You concentrate on the panel lines and spray a bit more there so you get the panel contrast effect. For the finish I added the turpentine wash and used the Tamiya eyelash thingy - burnt red/blue

Thanks guys.

The heat staining is not hard to do. First you spray the whole thing in light aluminium, mask different panels and spray each one with a very diluted black - different panel, different thinner/black ratio. It turns out brownish and burnt. You concentrate on the panel lines and spray a bit more there so you get the panel contrast effect. For the finish I added the turpentine wash and used the Tamiya eyelash thingy - burnt red/blue

Thanks for that - you make it sound so easy!! :winkgrin:

• 2 years later...

A very nice build, mate. As everyone has said, it is a great change from the conveyor of USAF machines ;)

Martin

PS: did I miss something - which scale and what kit?

Edited by RidgeRunner
another question

Nice one Vasko !,

I well remember these Turkish F-100Ds wheeling over our house ten years later during the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in July 1974. They carried a mixed load of bombs and napalm in support of ground forces on the island. scary times but great for plane spotting !.

You have done a really nice job with this model…Well done.