Mals Way Luftwaffe Service Cart.....

Thanks all for the kind words...

When i took them pictures the gloss werent 100 dried (that shiny olispots) so ive replaced on of the pics, now it is done ;), also added just liite little dirty oils (black and prussian blue very diluted)

Natural light......

IMG_6080_zpsd3600394.jpg

• Like 1

Incredibly modelling skills in evidence here! How did you achieve the very realistic paint chipping?

Thanks...just still learning...my first resin kit...

Ive used AKs heavy Chipping fluid

IMG_6034_zpsc13cdb1a.jpg

The weathering ive used Florys Dark Dirt and Grime, Olcolors various colors, AKs Rust pigments, Tamiya Weathering makeup kits, pants ive used is Vallejo and Tamiya, Tamiya colors were homebrew to get that yellow i wanted.

example shot...

Namnloumls_zpscfbdbc3c.jpg

/Mal

Looking good Mal - I hope you post pictures of the finished dio.

Cheers,

Roger

Yes i will...

im middle of it right now....

pree peek.....

Just messing around....nothing yet placed so be patient....

IMG_6076_zps68750fe9.jpg

Dryfitting still

IMG_60911_zpsc41396f0.jpg

having fun lol, that figure is heavilly modified too, Verlinden way it look weird, Mals way better, had to cut them elbows to get in right look.....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Looking great already - I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product! Excellent effects with the wooden planks. Coffee stirrers and lolly sticks by any chance? I always pick up a few when I'm in those places!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Stunning paintwork, weathering and diorama. :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words all.

Yah, ill give you a preepek on them figures..

My first attepmt ever to paint figures..lol...Never done that before either, error and trial here...this one is MK1 in trying paint figre faces...This One isnt up to Mals Way standard lol...

in other words, No Go.....freaky eyes and bad skin....

IMG_61601_zpsb7d196d8.jpg

No need to get down, strip paint an go for Another athemt, my second try ever on figures, version MK2......better...but still not shure...

IMG_61851_zpsc5ecb49b.jpg

IMG_61841_zps18500046.jpg

So you got a more preepek...hehe

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Really great work on the service cart Mal, and the dio seems to be coming together really well! :goodjob:

Ill give a teaser....on my diorama, and it will be posted in another section of this forum....

my first finnished figure ive ever done....this one will do, Verlinde shure is poor in quality casting, ill try another manufacture, since ive seen far superioer ones, but hey, im still novis about them figures, hard to make em alive.

Say hello to my my interpret of Oscar Bosh...Tired...Tired look, pale, stress, no happiness...no sleep...it is late War and allies are bombing night and day, so no surprise he got that face....

IMG_62601_zps884d433c.jpg

/Mal

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I just bought the Signifier version of the oil cart and am getting ready to tackle the build. This will be my first full resin kit (I am not counting accessories, figures, etc.). I love how you painted yours. Great work. I was wondering if you or others did any research on the base coat for the oil cart. My instructions do call out Dark Yellow but also Panzer Grey and another version with Dark Yellow with Vermicelli Dark Green. I am building this for a Luftwaffe Airfield scene with a JU88A1 during the Battle of Britain period. Obviously that setting will be in Western Europe. Would an oil cart be painted a base coat of Dark Yellow during that period/location? It seems more typical for North Africa. Personally I would prefer to paint it Dark Yellow if it fits the time period as I think the weathering effects I plan on using will stand out more. Just not much out there on this little guy.

Edited by panzer948

• 1 month later...

Nice looking cart Mal,

The weathering is great for a piece of equipment that must have seen a lot of use.

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I just bought the Signifier version of the oil cart and am getting ready to tackle the build. This will be my first full resin kit (I am not counting accessories, figures, etc.). I love how you painted yours. Great work. I was wondering if you or others did any research on the base coat for the oil cart. My instructions do call out Dark Yellow but also Panzer Grey and another version with Dark Yellow with Vermicelli Dark Green. I am building this for a Luftwaffe Airfield scene with a JU88A1 during the Battle of Britain period. Obviously that setting will be in Western Europe. Would an oil cart be painted a base coat of Dark Yellow during that period/location? It seems more typical for North Africa. Personally I would prefer to paint it Dark Yellow if it fits the time period as I think the weathering effects I plan on using will stand out more. Just not much out there on this little guy.

For a Battle Of Britain JU88 diorama you would need to paint it Panzer Grey.

All German vehicles were painted Panzer Grey as standard till early 1943 then the standard colour changed to dark yellow and dark green and red brown paint were issued to units to camouflage the vehicles appropriate to the conditions they were fighting in.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Nice looking cart Mal,

The weathering is great for a piece of equipment that must have seen a lot of use.

For a Battle Of Britain JU88 diorama you would need to paint it Panzer Grey.

All German vehicles were painted Panzer Grey as standard till early 1943 then the standard colour changed to dark yellow and dark green and red brown paint were issued to units to camouflage the vehicles appropriate to the conditions they were fighting in.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Wow, I was one day away from painting this its base coat (I added the lower dark brown primer with various acrylic rust colors a couple of days ago and will chip the base color using AK's Heavy Chipping Fluid to reveal this lower rust colored layer). Anyway, I was all set to paint the base coat the Yellow tone. So you warned me just in time. I have to admit though I am a little disappointed to follow the correct historical time period. I was looking forward to including a bit of yellow in the scene with all the dark greens and browns and thought it would look well scrapped up revealing some rust tones beneath (like Mal's). Oh well... Good thing I have Panzer Grey on hand. If anyone knows of a loophole I can use just let me know. Thanks!