Airfix new tool 1/72 Mk.1B Typhoon, Dragon's 1/72 Zimmeritted Panther Ausf G and Tiger I Diorama - Finished

But you forgot to thank me for giving you the initial idea in the first place ;) hehe

That is very true!!! And I do apologise!! You are quite correct - it was seeing the base for your Typhoon that inspired this -

so a BIG THANK YOU to Kallisti for the inspiration!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Well Stix, my first thought on seeing this finished was.......EPIC.....such a well thought out and displayed diorama.

You should very pleased with what you've achieved during this build, after going through the RFI's, and following

this wip, I think all you have done is marvellous, not only is everything well made, it all ties in together, from base

to background, from air to ground, nice one mate,

Sean

• Like 1

I can nothing but join all the voices around :) This is absolutely amazing stuff Stix and you should be proud of yourself :) Well, at least i m happy for you, because it realy looks great and i can imagine anytime your eyes ll see this result , you ll be filled with happines of good job done! :) Beautiful realy

• Like 1

Hi Stew, Sarge, Wimbledon, giemme, V-P, Arnold, Sean, Blastvader and Wolwe. Thank you all for your very kind comments. As I've just said elsewhere; this project, which I thoroughly enjoyed, only came about because of this website, the D-Day GB and the people on here - so I count myself as very lucky. Thank you.

Edit: i have run out of 'like this' for today so I will be back to add these to everyone's comments when I've got new ones!

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Have to agree with all thats been said Stix, fantastic finished work after all that went into it you should be very proud, it

should be featured in one of the Military modelling magazines!

• Like 1

Hi Nick, Steve and mixup. Thank you all for your very kind comments.

Nick - I only made up two of the trees, the rest are proprietary although I don't remember from which manufacturer. I think they must be at least 10 or more years old. I bought them for a model railway project that didn't end up being finished and they ended up just being stuck in a cardboard box having been removed from the original packaging. I was glad to be able to use them at last!

Kind regards,

Stix

Well done! Fancy building a Bf 110 too? V-P

Sorry V-P I managed to miss your question!! Yes! It looks like it would be a good addition at some point!

We have a single type group build for Bf 110:s starting next month - welcome!

Ah...... I see the reason for the question! I'll have to see how I get on with the two Spitfires I'm building next but I'll definitely be interested, as long as I get time! I shall have to buy one too! I shall drop by as soon as ST group build starts.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on a thoroughly well deserved win! :clap2:

Thank you Sarge - thank you for all your help and support!! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Congratulations, too! Now get yourself a good set of wargaming rules and a handful of dice. You know you´d love it. V-P

Thank you V-P - I promise I will investigate - only thing is I only get just enough time to build the kits - but you never know!

Lardy goodness, here: http://toofatlardies.co.uk/

I will investigate!

When i first saw your Typhoon with a rocket missing ( Post 70 ) i thought this has a good chance of being the winner. Congratulations on a well paced build and a STUNNING result

Alistair

Thank you Alistair - mmmmmm... let me know if you get foresight like this with the lottery!!!!

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

When I have time, I'll go through more of the individual build threads. Having been altered to this by PM (thanks, Plastix), I can see that you've done a terrific job of the diorama. To save me a bit of time, what was the brand of that Tiger model? Surely not the old Hasegawa!? Great stuff!

Bruce