Tribute to the TSR2 Day

NAM Updater

That's great news gents.

We established some good contacts for this event at the weekend, during Cockpit-Fest and since the announcement yesterday evening the museum website has gone crazy. This has also generated a few fresh ideas for possible contacts - it looks as though it could be a special day!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope that you enjoy the text, which has been around for a while. I never got to meet ‘Bee’ but I’m told that he was a wonderful character, by those from NAM that did the interview. In recent weeks I have spoken to one of his relatives who has shown a lot of interest in the Anniversary event next month!

Hi there, I hope you don't mind me commenting in your TSR2 thread but when you mention Halton I have always wondered about a photograph of my dad and his mates which appears to have been taken around 1939-40. Do you know if there is any way I can find out a little more about it, especially a record of who they all are?

Many thanks if you can help.

14737920829_cdfabb61fe_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry that you're unable to attend.

As of this morning the cockpit is still sat outside Hangar 2 and is visible to visitors. Later this week further aircraft moves will take place, which will see space created inside Hangar 2 for the cockpit (and eventually the Dominie) and after that it will be moved inside to provide the focal point for the display on the 27th September; when other items will be displayed in the same area.

I hope this answers your question.

Edited by NAM Updater