1/35 Bedford QLR IBG Models

You've done this build spot on, I have just looked at your build log and you have done quite a bit of work on this Bedford. I like the slight dusting on the base of the vehicle. weathering is done just right. I have just purchased this kit myself so your building log will come in handy.

• Like 1

There was a Bedford QLR Command at Duxford on Sunday (side doors in different place) and I have a few pics of it for reference.

I've followed this build with great interest.

Well done dude.

• Like 1

There was a Bedford QLR Command at Duxford on Sunday (side doors in different place) and I have a few pics of it for reference.

Be intersting to see the pics. I found out (while building) that there's 3 basic types of wireless bodies (the kit being roughly no.1) and then there's sub types of those. As you say, the doors are in different place for the various types. And then there's the interior layout, which is a whole different kettle of fish. It's a puzzling subject when you get into it ... so I didn't ... and just went with the flow :rolleyes:

Be intersting to see the pics. I found out (while building) that there's 3 basic types of wireless bodies (the kit being roughly no.1) and then there's sub types of those. As you say, the doors are in different place for the various types. And then there's the interior layout, which is a whole different kettle of fish. It's a puzzling subject when you get into it ... so I didn't ... and just went with the flow :rolleyes:

Well, here are the pictures of the Command version from Sunday at Duxford - just before it rained again.

825804_orig.jpg

Now, I couldn't get the interior as it was populated with the owners family but the fundamental differences are fairly clear.

The reflectors are for use whilst traveling to & from Shows and not a standard or post-war fit.

Note the original b&w picture as there is a chimney at the right rear corner!!!

You might also want to peruse here

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 2

Top marks, Neil!

And extra points for the last photo with the low perspective.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Like 1

Brilliant job on this build I have been taking notes while following your BLOG so helpful to be able to find out were all the little traps are hidden. :goodjob:

Cheers Beefy

• Like 1

Well, here are the pictures of the Command version from Sunday at Duxford - just before it rained again.

You might also want to peruse here

Thanx for pics, you've certainly got enough there for a super detailed QL. Yeah, the command version is a completely different animal to the kit, which is the no.1 radio body.

As for the 2nd link ... holy moly :o why didn't that crop on my many Bedford QL google searches? What a feast of QL pics, duly bookmarked. Many thanks for that :thumbsup2:

Edited by neilscrim

• 1 month later...

Nice build, I was thinking of getting one of these, and you have persuaded me to get one sooner farther than later.

• Like 2

Lovely job Neil.

Remember riding in one of those for a lift home when on leave in Somerset, had a bottle of scrumpy to keep me company. :winkgrin:

Great build and presentation.

Cheers Foxy :coolio:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...