have Aoshima gone bust?

Doug

hi all,

As a motorcycke modeller I have noticed that Aoshima kits are becoming as rare as hens teeth to buy unless you want to pay rediculous prices on Ebay or Amazon, have they gone bust?

Doug S.

Well glad to know they are still with us, wasn't aware of the lack of British distributor, which as you say would affect supplies. Never had much luck with over sea's suppliers so would prefer to deal with British companies, but hey if they can't or won't help then I'll have to start looking else where.

Many thanks chaps.& chapettes

Doug S.

• 1 month later...

Hi Doug

There is actually a reason behind this.

Aoshima are now concentrating on their own domestic market, which is apparently bigger than their world market.

Exporting the kits pushes the prices way up and its actually cheaper, as the chaps have said, buying directly from Hobbyeasy.com (or even from Aoshima directly)

Ive ordered bikes and cars from them over the past couple of years and had no issues whatsoever, however their postage can become a bit expensive, but they have sale prices all through the year so its actually good value for money.

Steve

Don't be afraid to use Hobbysearch. I've personally used them myself for over ten years and would reccomend them very highly. They are 100% reliable and trustworthy. You can order from them with confidence.

should try them once...

• 2 weeks later...

No way Aoshima has gone bust - the blighters are killing me with a string of new 1/72nd scale armor kits; Patriot launcher, tank transporter, MCV armored car, etc etc.

Fracking niiice kits, but the missus is going to bludgeon me when the credit card bill rolls in........... :fight: