Missing photos.

Head in the clouds.

Hi Folks.

Ihave been looking through old posts on various topics on this forum and notice that many have been deleted. As pictures are on a third party site like Photobucket is it fair to assume that if the person who wrote the article on this forum then decides delete his pics on the third party site this forum can no longer access them hence the missing pics.

It is frustrating when you want to see what has been achieved, the text becomes a little pointless without pictures and this is a visual hobby after all. I have seen similar comments but could not find them so I take it that it is a necessary evil to keep nasty virus born pics infecting the site.

Sorry if this has been asked before but could not find an answer in FAQ's could someone put me out my misery please.

Thanks Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks.

Ihave been looking through old posts on various topics on this forum and notice that many have been deleted. As pictures are on a third party site like Photobucket is it fair to assume that if the person who wrote the article on this forum then decides delete his pics on the third party site this forum can no longer access them hence the missing pics.

It is frustrating when you want to see what has been achieved, the text becomes a little pointless without pictures and this is a visual hobby after all. I have seen similar comments but could not find them so I take it that it is a necessary evil to keep nasty virus born pics infecting the site.

Sorry if this has been asked before but could not find an answer in FAQ's could someone put me out my misery please.

Thanks Gary.

It *IS* frustrating not to be able to see pics attached to threads. As Gary says, his is a visual hobby and I'm VERY grateful to people who take the trouble to post their illustrated 'in Progress' articles, only to find some time later they are not illustrated!

I confess to not yet posting anything with pics but one day ... !

Jonny