Bournemouth Aviation Museum

Meatbox8

Hello all

Had to drop the missus off at Bournemouth Int. the other day (be warned, there is no drop off point, you have to pay £2.50!!), and couldn't help noticing the nose section of a Vulcan peering over a hedge on the other side of the road. It turned out to be living at Bournemouth Aviation Museum. What a great place. Nearly all the exhibits are completely open to the public so if you are into super detailing your cockpits check it out. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so had to settle for sitting in the cockpits and dreaming of what could have been.

Anyway, without any supervision you can sit in a Hunter, Meteor NF14, Vulcan (actually you can't sit in it but you can go in it and believe me, if you didn't already have huge respect for the Black Buck crews you will after imagining what it would be like cooped up in there for 18 hours or whatever it was), a Canberra nose, a Wessex, Viscount and Vanguard. I had the great pleasure of watching her-in-doors taking off in a Ryan Air (grrrr) 737 while sitting in the cockpit of a Lightning.

£6 very well spent in my opinion.

Cheers.