First Tiger

Hi, All, finally after 2 weeks of fiddle faffing around with PB I think I got it. I would like to present a few pics of my recently completed tiger.

This model sat partially built in the closet for about 17 years after our son joined the Air Force. Since my wife got me my first Airbrush and Compressor for last Christmas I decided to use it as a practice model. But the more I learned various techniques from this site and magazines the more I wanted to see it completed properly. Since I didn't do any real research it is not meant to show any specific unit, theater or genre.

Anyway, I apologize for the picture quality and here it is.

7364b5f8-0507-489d-8658-0f0e56b92a27_zps

f9d98842-90cc-4dd1-bcfe-08079c394c5e_zps

Tiger3May2014_zps6831f5ef.jpg

Thanks for looking, any advice, comments, critiques welcome

Steve.

• Like 6

Blimey! For your first go at airbrushing, that is mightily impressive! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Oh, and welcome to BM.

I agree with Alpha Delta...

Looks very nice indeed.

yep' thats a good looking beastie, well done.

regards oz!.

Thank you all very much for the feedback. Considering the level of skill I have seen from you all I consider it a compliment.

Regards, Steve.

Fine looking piece of work sir, just grand.

Always remember this, we as modelers strive for that perfect build, fit, finish, exact colors and smooth clearly defined camo.

Yeah right, the real tank was painted in the dark, in a hurry, by a wee weed off private who hated the task. Look closely sometime to period photos of equipment on all sides. You'll see drips, runs, paint barely showing etcetcetc.

Your Tiger is wonderfully done.

G