Churchill Mk IV w/Mk5 L/50 6pdr Gun - AFV Club 35154 *FINISHED*

Update:

Pvt. Jackson & Capt. Forsyth have had their wardrobe designed and Pvt. Jackson has been in make-up.

A preview is available here> @@a1958brown

The little band has now been joined by Pvt George Blake (Hull Gunner), a recent transfer in!

Unfortunately however, David Bailey is unavailable so the photo-shoot will be delayed ever so slightly.

(all names used are fictional, and bare no resemblance to anyone either living or dead)

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 1

D-Day GB: Build 2, Day 11-22

You know how things are, the holiday ends, life & work get in the way delay, delay Yawn!

I've painted the figures with Acrylics, Faces/Hands in Oils (looks like I used a 4" brush though) - I may still re-do the figures but that will be after the Sutton Coldfield Show.

2014_09110001-1.jpg

Summary

Attach the Mud/Track Guards - Completed

Paint, Weather & apply the Tools - Completed

Continue the Vehicle Weathering - Completed

Paint Crew Figures & weather them accordingly - Nearly Completed

Apply Vehicle Hatches and Install Crew - Completed

Give the COMPLETED project a Title

Churchill MkIV 6th Guards Tank Brigade, Normandy 1944

Option 1: 'Sir! ....The Sgt Major said not to get it dirty!'

Option 2: Do you think they'll notice we lost the mudguard Sir?

Option 3: Quick cuppa before we give her a wash?

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's finished at long last.

The crew have been, well....... difficult! :confused:

These modern re-enactors, 'do I look good in this' :doh:, 'my make-up isn't right' :mental:, 'is this a good pose' :whistle: etc

As soon as I can get good light tomorrow I'll get the pictures done for the Gallery

• Like 1

Wow! That turned out brilliantly Shermaniac. It looks like a really well used tank and the figures are great. Fantastic result, well done! I'm going to have to make a 1/35 tank at some point.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

No, the commanders hatch fitting was perfect, just have to get rid of the nodules from on the sprue.

Whilst I have a fair bit of research material I was unable to find out what the big hole was above the BESA awas however, I can summise that it held the gun sight for the gunner as in the churchill he was on the front left side of the turret unlike in american tanks and later british versions.

I'm not sure what a BESA is, but if you're talking about the hole front left of the turret (as you look from the front... or the 'off-side' as we call it) then I can tell you that it is a port, through which smoke grenades were fired. Just read that the BESA is the co-axial machine gun, so you aren't talking about the same hole. lol Nice build. Nice figures. Having just completed a Churchill Mk VII I can say yours is better.

Edited by Badder