Tamiya Chieftain converted into a MK11

Looking nice & muddy Dan - are the tyres getting some as well? :)

A nice muddy oil wash Mike, and then a bit of pigment to blend it all in.

Apologies if I've missed it in an earlier post but what pigments are you using for the mud?

Cheers

No worries, I've just used Mig Po28 Europe dust over the mig pre mixed mud colours.

HTH

Dan

• Like 1

Dropping one link from the RHS track, easier on the model than the real thing :evil_laugh:

Don't, you're bringing back memories:

C-0B.jpg

Mind you it was unusually dry in that picture. It was normally a lot more like this:

Soltau%2520Bash.jpg

Happy days!

Edited by C&WR
  • Like 1

Cheers Matt, looking at your first photo I think I've come

Pretty close with the road wheels , the hull will get a dusting of dry mud once the skirts are on

To tie it all in later on, after I've done some water staining and a few paint scrapes and chips.

Regards

Dan

I was going to say, it was only a close look at the top reference photo which showed what a cracking job you'd done of the wheels!

Cheers Matt, I'm happy with the outcome as well, I've done the first wash of basic earth oils so just awaiting for them to dry

off. Added to the rubber rim of the road wheels.

Next up will be the skirts, adding rain marks and some mud and dust.

weapons of choice :-

CIMG3987_zps3372375e.jpg

CIMG3986_zpsb7f75e33.jpg

CIMG3985_zpsd97e32ca.jpg

CIMG3984_zps867a816b.jpg

CIMG3988_zps4f254232.jpg

CIMG3989_zps2966fdeb.jpg

CIMG3990_zpsd7f97337.jpg

Regards

Dan

• Like 2

Thank you chaps for the kind words,

Crew figures, Just prepping them for modification, going to use the supplied

figures with hornet heads.

Some reworking of the arms will be done just to change the pose slightly, one torso has had the

head removed in preparation for the new resin head with a crew cover. the others will have the same done.

CIMG3994_zps15cdacbb.jpg

CIMG3995_zpsb2d70651.jpg

CIMG3996_zps3142c274.jpg

CIMG3999_zpsf3906858.jpg

cheers

Dan

just come across this and, as i have this conversion , I have been greatly interested to read through. great job on the build thread, it will help me no end. and its looking awesome!! :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

Dan i am about to start the same build, is the Eduard etch needed, i have got the AA kit which has an etch or two, what extra detail does the Eduard etch bring.

How did you do the cast for resin hubs for the road wheels? i have done a bit of casting but they look class. I have some RTV Silicone and two part resin i can use.

Impressed with the skills you have shown, and like your BAOR green "Paint Olive Drab, IRR, Brushing" available in 5 litre tins from your local man at Q&M, splashed and sprayed a ton of it in my time.

Regards

Pete

Edited by Wogga

Dan i am about to start the same build, is the Eduard etch needed, i have got the AA kit which has an etch or two, what extra detail does the Eduard etch bring.

How did you do the cast for resin hubs for the road wheels? i have done a bit of casting but they look class. I have some RTV Silicone and two part resin i can use.

Impressed with the skills you have shown, and like your BAOR green "Paint Olive Drab, IRR, Brushing" available in 5 litre tins from your local man at Q&M, splashed and sprayed a ton of it in my time.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

To be honest the only PE bits I used from Eduard was the GPMG ammo box mount and the dozer mount bracket so really it's not required. I could of scratched the parts but as I had the PE set I used them to save time. The Accurate Armour conversion set is really quite good and you do not need that much more to detail it further.

The hubs were cast from resin, just copies of the kit parts, but I cannot take credit for them I'm afraid, I acquired them a while ago along with some wheel masks and I know that the guy who done them has stopped knocking them out now, they were just a trial with a view of selling them in limited numbers.

Thanks for the kind comments on the build, I was hoping to get the tank finished over the Xmas period but time has not been too good this year, I'm working throughout the Christmas period .

Regards

Dan

Evening all,

A little more done, not much but the end is getting close.

Mud Guards and the last few decals have been worked on.

Accurate Armour BCF fire extinguisher's these came with the correct decals, nice little items.

CIMG4004_zps29f43796.jpg

CIMG4005_zpsf87e1f07.jpg

CIMG4008_zpse945f39f.jpg

CIMG4006_zps2b6823da.jpg

Rear UJ and first aid decals.

CIMG4007_zps1129232a.jpg

Once I have the front mud guards in place then it will be some mud and dust for the side skirts and upper hull.

CIMG4009_zps7ea3f0b9.jpg

CIMG4010_zps763c5df5.jpg

Regards

Dan

• Like 1