1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109G-6 "Gustav" by Zvezda - released - new Vector resin & AMG PE sets

Homebee

That's it.

Source: http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1401462248/Zvezda+109G-6

Hi Mansur!

Let me thank you again for the idea of a G-6. Management has decided to do it, the project will start in the fall, and the completion is planned for the beginning of 2015.

Looking forward for your expertise materials and advice.

Thank you!

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic. Thanks for the heads up Homebee.

Other than 30 year old build plus a couple of cheapie 1/48 G-6's (original oTaki and Academy) in the stack which owe me diddly squat, an Eduard Profi or similar quality alternative would have been on the opportunity buy list.

In light of the info in this thread, having been blown away by their F-2 and F-4, I'll patiently await Zvezda's G series.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The answer should be: Do we really need another Gustav in 1/48 scale...?????

No other interesting subjects out there...????? i know any Luftwaffe one would sale like hot cakes, but I'm quite tired of them.....

I disagree. You may not hold any interest in a zvezda bf 109, others very much do. It is not about what "we" need, but about what individuals want or do not want. It's not like no other

subjects are released on a constant level.

Galfa, I have no information I'm afraid. I am very much looking forward to the release.

Box art + test sprues:

https://vk.com/wall-29859496?own=1&w=wall-29859496_1746262

http://www.greenmats.club/topic/2502-звезда-bf-109g-6-148-анонс-на-2017/?do=findComment&comment=32292

Several sprue frames are retained from the earlier F-2 & F-4 kits. New G-6 specific parts including: tail assemblies, fuselage, wings, cowling, canopies, and external armament. Kit markings will consist of three a/c: one flown by Erich Hartmann, a Swiss one and a last option to be unveiled later.

9EM95_4rjlk.jpg

C3kB7PYEHtM.jpg

SwofCKQQYXE.jpg

VJ18toHxb1U.jpg

SwnUXIJZ98I.jpg

liJ_xPkFBXI.jpg

9CY6SaSD3s0.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

6 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Oh my :wub:

Finally.

+ 1. Finally something looking really like a Bf 109G-6. Nice that ZVEZDA made a whole new fuselage with nice curve.

I just hope that Eduard's parts from their "new superlative eggplanes " G-5 and G-6 will still be of some use somewhere. 

Madcop

Comment on the sprues from above (from top to bottom):

1. completely new

2 left.identical with F-4 kit

2 right..identical  with F-4 kit (early landing gear legs!)

3.identical with F-4 kit

4.identical with F-4 kit

5.completely new ( late landing gear legs !)

6. clear parts completely new

Seemingly, also a G-2/4 can be made from this kit

Question: Are the cooling scoops for the sparks broken through ? Do we have an appr. release date ? Will we see better Quality decals )

Looking forward to this one !

Cheers

Andreas Beck

3 hours ago, madcop said:

+ 1. Finally something looking really like a Bf 109G-6. Nice that ZVEZDA made a whole new fuselage with nice curve.

I just hope that Eduard's parts from their "new superlative eggplanes " G-5 and G-6 will still be of some use somewhere. 

Madcop

does this mean the new 2016 tool?   If so, what do you  mean?   

As the only moan I've read from a 109 nut is this from Lynn Ritger

from http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1481888260/last-1481916636/(View+All+Messages+In+This+Thread)

The second release of the Eduard G-6 does look lovely but the oversized exhausts sort of throw the look of the nose off just enough to stand out. Interestingly, the mid-90s Fujimi had the exact opposite problem, their exhausts were slightly undersized and the nose contours themselves were a bit overinflated, so it made the front end look like a cartoon. For really popular subjects like 109s or Mustangs or Spitfires or Zeroes, we've all been looking at these things for so long, a small and seemingly minor discrepancy like slightly oversized exhausts can throw off the "balance" we expect to see when we look at the subject in scale. 

Cheers, 

Lynn

Troy,

there was another topic on HS few days later in mid october (that's when I got rid of my new overtrees pronto) - while Eduard did a lot of correcting in their new 109G kit, you can almost squeeze the Zvezda fuselage into the Eduard one. (exaggeration, see scalemodells.ru link ;-) )

Edit:

found it

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1476805951

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_64269.html

Vedran

Edited by dragonlanceHR
links added
  • Like 1

Having both kits and carefully monitoring all of the hypes, firstly regarding Zvezda's F-2, Eduard' debacle etc... can only say-no way... can understand  them trying to undermine Eduard's retooled kit..they have every right to do so...but Zvezda's kit is hardly champion of proportions to serve as basis for objective comparison.

Eduard F/G family is by far most accurate kit on the market today.

8 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

Having both kits and carefully monitoring all of the hypes, firstly regarding Zvezda's F-2, Eduard' debacle etc... can only say-no way... can understand  them trying to undermine Eduard's retooled kit..they have every right to do so...but Zvezda's kit is hardly champion of proportions to serve as basis for objective comparison.

Eduard F/G family is by far most accurate kit on the market today.

Are you serious?

Not only no, but hell no. Eduard is not more accurate than Zvezda.

This has been verified in so many places compared to actual dimensions from real aircraft, parts manuals and factory part drawings.

Vedran

One can say that for Eduard's kit too..just depends on forum you quote...I am all for outmost accuracy...and as such one can say that Zvezda's kit too "skinny"...

And I am not saying this for sake of argument

Edited by Thomas V.

2 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

One can say that for Eduard's kit too..just depends on forum you quote...I am all for outmost accuracy...and as such one can say that Zvezda's kit too "skinny"...

And I am not saying this for sake of argument

Where exactly is it too skinny?

I've stayed away from the Eduard kit at the moment because of those exhausts - minor errors that I can't really see don't bother me, but those exhausts stand out to me, though they can be fixed, if the Zvezda looks more right then why bother?

On December 17, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Stephen said:

The Zvezda kit is over engineered.

I would totally agree……..over engineered given the nature of the subject. Madcop…..no need to get unpleasant about this. There is a happy medium between 'Matchbox' and over engineered kits from anywhere…I believe Eduard have struck the right balance with their second family of ME Bf-109F/Gs having eaten humble pie after the release of their first series. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Zvedza kits but with so many other poorly kitted Soviet aircraft subjects out there I would have preferred them to focus on some worthy companions to their superb Yak-3s and Pe-2s rather than produce YET another ME Bf-109 !.          

• Like 1