Revell 1:48 P-47N Thunderbolt ***NOT STARTED***

Hi Everyone,

With 2 out of my 3 part built kits nearly finished now, I am picking kits out of my stash to work on while I am off work.

The 2nd one I have picked is the Revell 1:48 P-47N Thunderbolt.

The kit has the following features

- Finely detailed surfaces with recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit and instrument panel
- Cockpit canopy optionally in the open or closed position
- Detailed undercarriage
- Detailed 18-cylinder twin radial engine
- Under-wing pylons with 10 missiles
- 2 bombs
- External fuel tank

Decals for 2 USAAF versions:
- Republic P-47N-1-RE Thunderbolt of 318th Fighter Group, 19th Fighter Spuadron at le Shima, Japan, May 1945
- Republic P-47N-2 Thunderbolt of 318th Fighter Group, 73th Fighter Spuadron at le Shima, Japan, May 1945

The kit contains 106 parts over 4 sprues of grey plastic and 1 clear sprue.

I haven't decided which decal scheme to build this kit as.

Anyway here are the grey sprues.

Sprue1_zps0716a837.jpg

Sprue2_zpsb04c7be4.jpg

Sprue3_zpsb59f70d6.jpg

Sprue4_zps8928d994.jpg

1 thing I have just noticed about this kit (that I didn't before) is that it has a pilot figure with it.

Anyway more photos once I get something to show you.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801

You're a glutton for punishment aren't you Rick, with three kits on the go. I struggled with only two, so I am not going to start anything else until I finish my MRCA.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work?

Cheers,

Tom.

You're a glutton for punishment aren't you Rick, with three kits on the go. I struggled with only two, so I am not going to start anything else until I finish my MRCA.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work?

Cheers,

Tom.

Thanks Tom,

Two of my three kits will be ready for decals tomorrow, so I will have nothing to do except for my Memphis Belle. I split my time between them all by getting parts of one painted and then go onto another one which is ready for assembly whilst waiting for that to dry etc.....But yeah I am a glutton for punishment....

Plus I've got a week off work and my wife is watching 24 all the way through, so I need something to keep me entertained.....

Rick

Thanks Tom,

Two of my three kits will be ready for decals tomorrow, so I will have nothing to do except for my Memphis Belle. I split my time between them all by getting parts of one painted and then go onto another one which is ready for assembly whilst waiting for that to dry etc.....But yeah I am a glutton for punishment....

Plus I've got a week off work and my wife is watching 24 all the way through, so I need something to keep me entertained.....

Rick

You are lucky having the full week off work. I guess you will have model kit bits all over the place with that philosophy. My next project will probably take up acres of room. Planning a 1/32 Tornado with all the Aires resin goodies and all the Flightpath etch as well. I will post progress in the WIP section when I get it started.

Cheers mate,

Tom.

You are lucky having the full week off work. I guess you will have model kit bits all over the place with that philosophy. My next project will probably take up acres of room. Planning a 1/32 Tornado with all the Aires resin goodies and all the Flightpath etch as well. I will post progress in the WIP section when I get it started.

Cheers mate,

Tom.

My wife works as a school lollipop lady and as such she has this week off as well.

I won't be spending all of my time doing it. My kits are all kept in storage tubs until I start them, but yeah my desk has different areas for the different kits so its easy to work on them.

Cheers,

Rick