Heavy Missile Cruiser Frunze

Hi all,

Here's my latest completion, Trumpeter's 1/700 kit of the Frunze with some of the WEM etch for the type. Paints are WEM Russian Northern Fleet Grey and Deck Red with Humbrol for the rest.

Like the Ki-67 "Peggy" I posted in the Aircraft RFI section, I've had this kit in the stash for ages (released in 2003/04) but never made much headway with it. I actually built the kit as a side project to the RNZAF Dauntless I posted back in March, but it's taken this long to get the paint work done! :wall:

Frunze 00

Frunze 01

Frunze 02

Frunze 03

Frunze 04

Frunze 05

Frunze 06

Frunze 07

Frunze 08

Comments welcome!

Mike. :)

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 11

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup2:

Nice and clean, well done :speak_cool: .

Foxy :coolio:

Did that deliberately! ;)

I opted for the pennant number she (he?) had during trials and I figured that weathering would've been minimal, at best. I was also very fussy with the paint job - part of the reason it took so flipping long!

Edited by MikeR

That's a super-tidy job, did you mask and spray the demarcations, or brush paint them?

Thanks,

Will

Thanks! :thumbsup2:

All done by hand apart from the white stripe at the waterline. I don't have an airbrush so it's all done with a "hairy stick" apart from the final matt coat which is from a rattle can.

I find WEM paints can be a bit of a challenge to work with as some seem to be on the thick side whilst others aren't. The Northern Fleet Grey and also their RN White seem to have tendency to be a bit thick and uncooperative when brushed. The grey seemed to congeal on the brush pretty quick as well.

Edited by MikeR