Fisher Models 1/32 Meteor F.8 Conversion - first pics

I looked at his website yesterday and nothing showing. Paul did say it would be in June so we have a couple of weeks left so we're all going to have to be patient for a bit longer I think!! But then good things are worth waiting for!!

Simon

Now I remember what waiting for Christmas was like

Hello !

The set is done, and we're casting them up now, just waiting for the decals.It's now up on the website for order if you like, I am feverishly doing the instruction manual and a-building a 63 Squadron machine...sorry it's taken so long, but what started as a simple conversion has nearly become another kit.There's much more to the F.8 than first meets the eye.

Just getting the ammunition bay done up right was quite the challenge, Thanks to Steve Long down in Ausrtralia for opening up the real thing and taking enough pics to get it right, it's never really been represented in model form before. On top of that there's the two different canopy hoods and on and on.

Anyway, we're off to the races now, so if you fancy an F.8, we've got you covered!

Best from California,

Paul Fisher

SetA_zps6c7c678d.jpg

profilesMeteors1copy_zps6359ddf5.jpg

• Like 2

Paul,

This is not my scale (no where to put the beasts) but I'm a huge Meteor fan and I'm left in ore of your work. This conversion looks stunning!!

Mal

Hello !

The set is done, and we're casting them up now, just waiting for the decals.It's now up on the website for order if you like, I am feverishly doing the instruction manual and a-building a 63 Squadron machine...sorry it's taken so long, but what started as a simple conversion has nearly become another kit.There's much more to the F.8 than first meets the eye.

Just getting the ammunition bay done up right was quite the challenge, Thanks to Steve Long down in Ausrtralia for opening up the real thing and taking enough pics to get it right, it's never really been represented in model form before. On top of that there's the two different canopy hoods and on and on.

Anyway, we're off to the races now, so if you fancy an F.8, we've got you covered!

Best from California,

Paul Fisher

SetA_zps6c7c678d.jpg

profilesMeteors1copy_zps6359ddf5.jpg

Order just placed! Not sure if it went through properly though so I may e-mail you in 6 or 7 hours time to see! Absolutely beautiful work though!

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

An update. Fantasy say they posted Paul's order weeks ago - Oh dear, where is it? I've suggested to Paul that he contacts Ray and I've PM'd Ray on here to tell him the same thing - although I'm not sure how often Ray may look at his PM's. If you've ordered the conversion this may explain why it hasn't turned up yet.

I hope this is sorted out soon.

Simon

Another update!

Paul e-mailed me back. It turns out that Fantasy thought I was talking about the decals for Paul's Ryan STM kit - which Paul received months ago - not the Meteor decals. The good news is that Paul and Ray have just agreed the final details for the sheet and the decals are now going to be printed. How long do you think to get printed and shipped to the US of A ? I don't know but we're getting closer to having the conversion in our paws!!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hello !

With great joy I can say the decals are finally done, and should be on the way here now.I have been building a test model, and here are some pics of it in progress.Sets will begin shipping as soon as we finalize the instruction manual and get started packing them all.

My build has the long chord intakes for the 63 Squadron machine, the short chord intakes come with the set, or you can specify the long ones if you prefer.Both types of canopy hood come with the set.

Many thanks for your patience,

Paul Fisher

paint0_zpsa7dbd087.jpg

paint_zps86c10292.jpg

paint2_zps74fe40ff.jpg

Paint1_zpsfd37902d.jpg

Hi Martin...oddly enough the T.7 is in the works , as are a number of other variants, I am a bit of a nut for the old Meteor.

Best,

paul

Hi Paul,

Is there a possibility that you would do a correction set for the F.4 canopy? The kit canopy looks seriously squashed and the windshield isn't entirely correct either. The canopy is the most important for me as I don't think myself able to make a "good enough" canopy myself. Luuk from DutchDecal knows several more areas that would benefit from some adjusted shapes in the F.4...

Cheers,

Erik.

Hi Martin...oddly enough the T.7 is in the works , as are a number of other variants, I am a bit of a nut for the old Meteor.

Best,

paul

Paul, T7 and other variants? My wallet just winced ! Oh well it's only money

• 3 weeks later...

Rejoice!!

Paul sent me an e-mail to say that my conversion is now in the USPS on its way over here!! Now all I have to do is to hope that the Revenue and the Post Office don't decide to make me suffer!!!

Simon

Still waiting

Paul made a mistake and sent you my one Simon

Can you send it on !

John

No, it has my name engraved inside - he must have sent yours to Australia!! Just be a bit more patient!! LOL!!!

Simon

Well my set arrived today and from a very quick look its well worth the wait and well up to the usual "Fisher" standard.

From the instructions and e-mails from Paul he has a T7 and NF12 in mind and possibly a NF14 to follow.

The real teaser is his comment that if they all sell well enough he could be tempted to a 1/32 Javelin. Yes - the Dragmaster in resin in 1/32. Not sure the wall fixings on the shelves are strong enough but who cares - it can sit on the floor!

I would never have thought a Javelin in 1/32 ever. So start buying those Meteors chaps

Just a quick note to thank you all for not only your patience, but for your support of the F.8 set, we are a bit overwhelmed trying to pack and ship them, many don't know there's just one person in here doing all that packing and boxing and wrapping , my lovely wife! She's doing her best while I make more molds and Susan, our casting tech makes more parts.

And I am serious about the Dragmaster...if enough of you really want one in 1/32, we can make it happen.It will be a bit largish, and would not be cheap to do, but it is high ( very high) on my list of favorite jets. Anybody have a repair or servicing manual? Lots of good tech drawings in those things.

back to work, it's not even 5:00 here!

Thanks again

Paul Fisher

• Like 1