URGENT HELP REQUIRED

bentwaters81tfw

There's some nice pictures of the planes on her site though....

yes..... A polish one, a Russian and a New. Zealand one. She must work for the BBC! Edited by Atom.uk

^ Probably her down trodden husband. Apparently 'Mike' was on the local radio over the weekend. He likes the sound of Merlins, but it is the faceless woman who is making all the noise. Years ago, they wanted to use Bentwaters for airfreight. She put out that there would be 96,000 flights a year, and a non stop convoy of trucks down the country roads.

The surrounding area is populated with 'money' and blue rinses. Woodbridge (pop 12,000, 3 1/2 golf courses), the nearest town houses the District Council and it's purse strings. It's the tail wagging the dog. Where I live Felixstowe (Pop 30,000, 1 golf course)contributes much to the District purse and is treated as third class. Where does all the 'regional growth' have to take place? Everywhere but Woodbridge and Aldeburgh.

It's not just the airfield, it's keeping the 'public servants' at the Council in check.

Many thanks to all of you who have lent support. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

Incidentally, daft question maybe, but have any of the general and historical aviation forums been made aware?

Also has the British Aviation Preservation Council been approached to lend their support to the applicants?

I'd assume they have.

Regards Adrian

• 4 weeks later...

A further bump and an update. Although the date for correspondence has passed, the ripples are spreading.

I received an email from Martlesham Heath Aviation Society today, details follow.

Carolyn has pulled out of a local charity event because of the 'anti aircraft' fraternity, and publicly stated that without the support from her associates, she will have to pack up shop. I am sure none of you want to see ML407 disappear from our skies, but that is a strong possibility.

Please add your name to the petition, and keep the pressure on the local Council, and help Carolyn.

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Following Martyn's recent email about the situation with Spitfire ML407, owned and displayed by Carolyn Grace.

The situation has now escalated and has resulted in her pulling out of this weekends Airshow at Bentwaters. In fact there is a serious risk that her days are completely numbered, and all because of two people who it is rumoured have recently moved into the area

A petition has been started and I am asking you please if you would sign it and help save this Iconic machine which actually made the first kill over the beeches of Normandy on D Day

It is not a Government petition but to the Council who are conducting the enquiry, Please don't let them take her away.

Note to forward to your friends:

I just signed the petition "[email protected]: ref C10/3239 Keep Bentwaters flying" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/d-c-admin-suffolkcoastal-gov-uk-ref-c10-3239-keep-bentwaters-flying?recruiter=35344374&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks!

Tarkey

• Like 1

Signed this and I urge all who have signed here to also help the Wellesbourne Matters team who are trying to stop the closure of the Wellesbourne airfield in a move to build a housing estate on it thus trashing the last 301 series fully operational Vulcan XM655.

plus the museum market and many private aircraft and air schooling there.

Its so sad that we live in an age were the majority have to bow their heads to a minority of loud mouthed air heads who have an opinion based on their own fears rather than an intellectually derived opinion. They get a kick out of making others lives misery, self righteous idiots who think they are better than everyone else.

If 2 people move to an area were there is flying and they don't like it MOVE AWAY FROM THE AREA !!

Tough people those farmers! I actually got on better with the farmer and his wife. The farmers/jp's wife is one of those ladies who can go for a posh lunch but later gut a whole deer! (And is a crack shot with a rifle! Yipes!)

Damned splendid sounding woman I'd say.

Pete and Julie that run our farm shoot are fine people.

Signed. Is the Grace family aware of the support forums such as this are offering? It may make a difference to them knowing that they have so much support rather than just opposition?

I feel she already has a hobby (apart from litigation) - the only reason she gives is for the effect on 'tranquil' local businesses - where there is a reference to 'Equestrian activities'.

The average horse owner is at best ill-informed about almost anything except their ill-mannered and poorly controlled mounts. You will find that all over the UK - it is particularly bad in my neck of the woods, which has the highest density of horses per person in the UK.

What they do know about horses is that they are largely over-strung and at best on the verge of hysterical behaviour at a moments notice - horse enthusiasts like to think they know better - or course they do not - and look to blame anything else for their incompetence in the equine filed and the appalling behaviour of their 'pets'.

This could set a precedent if approved and I think that is the worst outcome - as threats can then be made on similar small and harmless airfields.

She is an idiot akin to those whose spend millions on a riverside residence then moan when they get flooded - well durrrrr !

Support of application duly sent ....

My ex has a horse now, and the world revolves around it, to the extent that her second husband has been peed off for years (he was warned)

Having said that, she does know her aircraft, having been a regular at Mildenhall, Farnborough, Greenham and Duxford, care of yours truly.

She even phoned me to ask about Apaches, just before they were stationed at Wattisham. (Purely to enquire about noise, you understand, in case her horse got spooked.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just come across this thread. The whole issue saddens me, but the end-date for official support for Carolyn Grace has past.

I was born and raised in Felixstowe. I attended the Grammar School. We moved from Felixstowe when my father (a civilian working at RAF Martlesham Heath) was posted to Germany - Mum and Dad lived in Cologne while I went to boarding school in Wilhelmsaven. Dad was told it was unlikely he'd return to Martlesham. 4 years later he weas posted to RAF Lakenheath./ Because I was about to start VI form he wangled a change to Bentwaters and went back to the Grammar school (after a boarding school ... YUK!).

At the time Bentwaters / Woodbridge based 81st TFW flew the F101 Voodoo. That *was* noisy but notthing to the F4 Phantomsthat followed. We lived in Kesgrave and all day the aircraft flew along the A12 past our house.

I'm miles away from Suffolk now but visit Felixstowe occasionally. I've also visited the Cold War museum and caught a glimpsde of where my Dad worked.

I'm narked that a group of 600 (1600 at the group's "height", they triumphantly claim) can try to influence a simple request to fly more aeroplanes from what was a very busy military base.

Sorry to Carolyn and everyone else who'se affected - negatively - by this group's unfortunate attitude.

-

Edited by Jonny

I've had an email from the petition's originator.

5,000 signatures! Even if letters carry more weight (and I also sent an ail to the Council official) the sheer number must count for something.

Let's see what happens.

Trevor

• 1 month later...

I understand from unofficial sources that the Council have decided to reject the application. I may learn more later this week.

Our local planners are somewhat lower than Whale droppings when it comes to their dealings.

Something to do with objections from the Alde and Ore countryside preservation society upset it would be an issue to wildlife and the environment.

For that read locals with money and clout who the councillors want to keep sweet.

The usual corruption we expected,

• Like 2

• 2 months later...