PAINTING Camo - Blue Tack

Sean_M

Don't worry about it if you're going to gloss coat it ready for decals. The dark marks will disappear and won't come back when a matt coat goes on. That's always been my experience...

Cheers,

Dean

Use white tac. Does the same thing without the oily stains. Dean is correct also.

Choice is yours mate.

Cheers,

Tom.

I have similar trouble with both the "real" blue tack, the various generic versions and also the various white tacks and have found that a gentle clean up with a cotton bud/ball and white spirit (I use enamel paints) cleans it off a treat ready for gloss coating. Reading the comments above, I think I may have added an unneccesary step to my process!

Cheers

DC

Heat is generally the culprit in my experience. I've used blue and white and only had that problem the first time...the issue was placing it on the model too fast....that is...when you form the "snakes" let them cool off a while before applying them. The kneading and rolling under your hand heats it up...that seems to help.

• Like 1

Heat is generally the culprit in my experience. I've used blue and white and only had that problem the first time...the issue was placing it on the model too fast....that is...when you form the "snakes" let them cool off a while before applying them. The kneading and rolling under your hand heats it up...that seems to help.

Sounds like a tip worth bearing in mind.

Cheers,

Tom.