1/48 Blenheim family- any rumours out there?

85sqn

Hi folks just wondering if anyone knew if any companies are likely to produce any 1/48 Blenheims out there anytime soon? Seems like such a kit is due to replace the Classic airframes stuff which is pretty expensive second hand. Plus, there's so many colour schemes I'd like to do!

• Like 1

Don't know, any companies doing any new Blenheims in other scales, who have a history of subsequently scaling up or down new releases. They might be your best bet...

Haha, yes well that would be nice just as long as they don't scale it up too large to 1/24!

In particular though the Mk V or Bisley as it was known for a time is the one I'd be after as it's fairly obscure and offers plenty of camouflage varieties, not to mention the 18Sqn VC aircraft of Wg Cdr Malcolm.

I have the CA kit in my stash but would love to have a couple more Blenheims in the collection - c'mon Airfix, you KNOW you want to! :please:

Likewise.

Andy

I like the Blenheim Mk.IV myself and picked up the Classic airframes kit when they re-released it a couple of years back. Hopefully Airfix might scale up their new 1/72 kits and release them in 1/48 sometime. Fingers crossed!!

Karl

Well Airfix brought out he Gnat in 1/72nd and soon we'll have that in 1/48th from them. If the soon to be released Blenheims sell well in 1/72nd ( and looking at the test shots and Roy Sutherland reporting a great build of a test shot they surely will) we can hope that Airfix will scale them up too. Has to be as good a market for them as a 1/24th Typhoon? I'll certainly buy a couple ( even though I have built on CA Mk I and have a CA Mk IV in the stash).

Me too,.......1/72nd Blenheim Mk.V,....Yes Please,..........1/48th Blenheim`s and a Battle,......Yes Please again,......come on Airfix!

Also a 1/72nd Beaufighter is a must and I`d love a decent Beaufort and Baltimore in any scale!

Cheers

Tony

Well if anyone could do it, Airfix is our best bet.

Curiously,does anyone know what happened to all Classic Airframes mould's? Where they bought by another company that could potentially release the back catalogue again?

Me too,.......1/72nd Blenheim Mk.V,....Yes Please,..........1/48th Blenheim`s and a Battle,......Yes Please again,......come on Airfix!

Also a 1/72nd Beaufighter is a must and I`d love a decent Beaufort and Baltimore in any scale!

Cheers

Tony

Is the classic airframes Baltimore no good or just lack of availability?

Curiously,does anyone know what happened to all Classic Airframes mould's? Where they bought by another company that could potentially release the back catalogue again?

The tools and production was done by MPM/Special Hobby I believe. The CA 1/48 Anson has been released by Special Hobby in a "Colourful Annie" boxing. I don't know if this was a result of joint funding for the tooling or a re-boxing arrangement, but it certainly lends itself to the possibility of the toolings being run again either by CA or by another company by arrangement at some point in the future.

just as long as they don't scale it up too large to 1/24!

Oh dear... The very thought of a 24th scale Blenheim... I think I'm having a mini crisis... :frantic:

I have a CA MkIV, but I'm too scared to start it at the moment... They're quite rare now and if I Cock it up...

Hi

eduard claim they produced the models for classic airframes

http://www.eduard.com/company/company-history/

cheers

jerry

• 2 years later...

I know that nothing has been posted on this thread in a while and far be it from me to get anyone’s hopes up or to start any vicious rumours but whilst looking at this weeks mailshot from Hannants that landed in my inbox I noticed a set of 1/48 masks designed for none other than the Airfix Blenheim!

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMLM49028

Now either this is a mistake or else it is a product that is produced in 1/48 and is meant to be scaled back down to 1/72 or it is a slip up by AML and there are people out there who know something about something that none of the rest of us do.

Am I coming across as being one of those online lunatic conspiracy theorists? I am telling you people....the truth is out there....Elvis is alive and was abducted by the Sasquatch and they all now live on Mars.

• Like 2

I notice that it gives 1/72 and 1/48 scale item numbers, on what must be a common cover sheet. So maybe the 1/72 one is designed for the Airfix kit, and they scaled it up to 1/48 as well since there is a kit in that scale. Or maybe you're right, and my Classic Airframes stash will suffer another drop in value...

bob