1/72 Dornier Do 26 V1, Amodel

Hi Fuad

Another beauty. This Dornier was a stunning aircraft originally built for postal services and launching from boats mid Atlantic.

You have done a wonderful job on this, I have the Mach2 version which I am told is a shocker to build, which is not exactly encouraging.

What the next Dornier we can look forward to, or are you keeping it as a surprise ?

Cheers Pat

With this model from Amodel, Mach2 model becomes clearly not relevant. Even if we consider that Amodel also not an easy model.
Now I end up doing Dornier Do 24 from Italeri. It is a pleasure, even though you need to polish the plastic to remove the stupid sharkskin.

Hi, Fuad...

Exquisite work... first class! I don't know if you used the kit transparencies or replacements, but they look very smart on your model.

Greetings to Baku from Glasgow, Scotland.

Paul

Thank you very much, Paul! Also my greetings from Baku to Glasgow! Anyway you're the first! :winkgrin: I used decals from the kit plus a set of Xtradekal swastika.

• 3 years later...

Dear Fuad,

your Do 26 made a great impression on me, so I bought the set of Amodel and I have assembled it. Now I am going to paint it.
Could you give me the names and codes of paints that you have used to paint your model? I would like to get similar effect to that what you have done - it looks fantastic!

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards!

Mateusz

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2014 at 3:20 AM, stevehnz said:

Nice, very nice. The more of see of this kit the more I want one & really, its too big & too expensive but oh heck, it does look a bit smart. Seeing yours Fuad isn't helping my dilemma at all. :)

Steve.

Tell me about it! A beautiful and capable flying boat, but SO expensive! I, too, would love to have one, but not at the going rate- wish now I had snagged one when tney were more reasonably priced. Fuad has done his usual incredible job on this one.

Mike

On 9/3/2017 at 7:27 PM, mateusz said:

Dear Fuad,

your Do 26 made a great impression on me, so I bought the set of Amodel and I have assembled it. Now I am going to paint it.
Could you give me the names and codes of paints that you have used to paint your model? I would like to get similar effect to that what you have done - it looks fantastic!

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards!

Mateusz

Dear Mateusz,

I'm sorry to answer so late. (You should have written me a personal message, so I immediately saw it). This marine colors Luftwaffe - RLM 72 and 73, any manufacturer can't normally gives this paints. Myself prevented them from tamya's paints according to the following approx. pattern:

1. RLM 72 XF-26 (Deep Green) and add XF-65 (Field Gray)
2. RLM 73 XF24: 2 + XF27: 3 + some white
But I highly recommend trying to put them together in your own way. The principle is as follows: RLM72 and 73 are marine variants of colors RLM70 and 71. Consequently, you can take RLM70 and 71 and experiment with them, adding in them dark blue colors.

RLM 70 AS-24; XF27
RLM 71 AS-23; XF61 or XF62:1 + XF49:1 or XF26:1 + XF52:2

W.B.R.

Fuad Pashayev

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 4

On 5.09.2017 at 13:17, Fuad said:

Dear Mateusz,

I'm sorry to answer so late. (You should have written me a personal message, so I immediately saw it). This marine colors Luftwaffe - RLM 72 and 73, any manufacturer can't normally gives this paints. Myself prevented them from tamya's paints according to the following approx. pattern:

1. RLM 72 XF-26 (Deep Green) and add XF-65 (Field Gray)
2. RLM 73 XF24: 2 + XF27: 3 + some white
But I highly recommend trying to put them together in your own way. The principle is as follows: RLM72 and 73 are marine variants of colors RLM70 and 71. Consequently, you can take RLM70 and 71 and experiment with them, adding in them dark blue colors.

RLM 70 AS-24; XF27
RLM 71 AS-23; XF61 or XF62:1 + XF49:1 or XF26:1 + XF52:2

W.B.R.

Fuad Pashayev

Dear Fuad,

thank you very much for a such precise description of painting method. Your recipe for that is priceless. Thank you one more time for sharing that with me.

Best regards!

Mateusz

Very well built and painted. I don't know the Do-26 from A-Model, but it is more modern and therefore superior to the 1/72 Do-26 from Mach II (which I built a few years ago). Anyway, your work is superb. Congratulations!

DO_26.jpg

Edited by Convair
  • Like 1