Bandai 1/144 RX-121-2A Gundam TR-1 "Advanced Hazel"

This is my first entry into the "Under a Tenner" GB, this is a the "Advanced Hazel" Gundam from the "Advance of Zeta" series in Japan, I had a few problems with this kit, mostly the colour. But I beat this little bugger into submission, I am playing with the idea of buying another and doing a Custom job on it. The backpack was one whole unit until I had to take the thrusters off... it decided to separate then :( The build thread for this can be found here. Now I have got to make the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. :)

14167742453_8247ab4e74_b.jpg

This is my fav picture, I did try to get him to sit on one knee like the Ez8 does. But his legs are far too chunky for that. So this is the best I can do :(

13961019739_407e8675d1_b.jpg

14124498206_4b8bb54942_b.jpg

14144373351_cf26a6c9d8_b.jpg

14167744603_c025e42d87_b.jpg

13961011459_29a5dfb5d7_b.jpg

Tried an "in-flight" shot, not too sure if I pulled it off or not.

14147691815_3c7e38d586_b.jpg

14124506006_134ee669ff_b.jpg

The classic Gundam action pose, couldn't pull it off due to the limited movement of the legs.

It has been a fun built despite all of the cock-ups. As always, helps/tips/criticism greatly received, what did everyone think of my "photo-booth"? Think it needs more light tho.

Kind Regards

Dazz

• Like 2

Cracking job Dazz, some solid work there - really smart, nice photography too!

Pete

• Like 1

Thank you Pete, even tho this is my first painted Gundam (I have built many over the years, just never painted them) I am happy with the results. Shame the paint reacted with the Humbrol clear (now that I think about it, Mr. Hobby paint done that too...). I got my other Hazels to complete but now I have these two... trying to decide what one I want to make as a summer project, got a fav?

13977730179_546cefeed0_b.jpg

This is the FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt Ver.

Or

13977729709_dc00cfcef3_b.jpg

This the RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam (Destroy Mode)... then again I have been eyeing up the resin kits from the same series as the Hazel... Toughie really. :/

Then again I have been toying with a diorama idea, just need to learn how to weather these things first... :/

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Dazz,

Nice pictures. Good builds.

For weathering, Tamiya smoke.

Thin it down a bit & just apply until it looks right.

BTW, My collection so far:

A Phantom Labor in 1/60th

And a Mercurious in 1/144.

No idea when I'll get around to building them!

You got a Mercurous, Pete? They are pretty rare, that's from Gubdam Wing, a show with possibly the coolest Mecha ever. Deathsythe Hell Custom. :) the Phantom Labour looks good, although I have never seen it (possibly from the films).

I've got a Gundam Mk.II that I've ear-marked for a weathering experiment, wanna do it all banged up mid-battle. One of those things I've just gotta play with I guess. When you say Tamiya Smoke did you mean the paint or the weathering powder thing? :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Tamiya Acrylic paint.

You can thin it with Tamiya thinners,

Or get a decent Car windscreen wash & use that.

Also, Try going around joints with sharp pencil,

And you can then 'feather 'that with a stiff brush,

It looks a bit like leaking lubricant & adds depth.

Rub pencil lead onto wet & dry & apply to matt paint

with a brush. Again, a cheap & easy wethering method.

The mercurious is missing half of a small black disc,

So I got it cheap. The Phantom seems to have the 'face'

missing, That was cheap too.

I really got them to see if I could use parts for Ma.k scratchbuilds!

I'd better look after the Mercurious then.

• Like 1

That black disc is either a shield unit, these had a "force field" kinda shield. You'd have 6 irrc arranged around the suit or 12 if they where working back-to-back. The suit was an robot tho, there wasn't a pilot in it. It could also be the power pack for the gun, unless I'm getting confused with the Vayette... The face bit sounds a bit hard to replace... wouldn't know where to start on that one. :/

I like the pencil idea, that'll go we'll with what I'm planning. Thank you Pete :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

• Like 1