"Speckled Jim" a diseased 1/72 Mig-3

A quick build this one. Was the Hobbyboss Easykit Mig-3. Figured I'd give it a buy since it was only £2.50. Can't go wrong at that price. Turned out to be a decent kit. Fits together like a glove but had a very basic cockpit and was a little too simple to piece together.

Still, it was enough entertainment for a Friday night and a Saturday morning so can't complain. I didn't like the schemes suggested on the box so opted for a green and white speckled, 'diseased' look that I saw online and liked the look of. Figured it would look cool and would be something different. I decided to nickname it 'Speckled Jim' :)

There's quite a few interesting schemes available for the Mig-3 so I may end up buying more of this kit and getting a little squadron. Anyway, if you can pick the kit up cheap I recommend it. On to the pics...

DSCN3068.jpg

DSCN3071.jpg

DSCN3070.jpg

DSCN3069.jpg

DSCN3066.jpg

Edited by BomberBrit
  • Like 1

Also can't see but if right click the image box, select "copy image URL" and paste into a new tab address box I get the pic. Works for me anyway.

edit: it also works if you select "open image in new tab"

Nice job, nice scheme - never seen that one before.

HTH

Cheers

Rick

Edited by Spad
  • Like 1

Huh,

I used a different image uploader than usual. Maybe it's not compatible with this site?

I'll reupload them on a different host and try again :)