El Al bristol britannia

Hello

Does anyone know if El Al israeli airlines Bristol Britannia scheme was made for the company or it belonges to another airline and modified for El Al?

Does anyone know which color was used for the blue on that scheme?

Thanks

Yossi Lavon

BOA Decal Agency recently released a screen printed EL Al Bristol Britannia decal (with two styles of tail fin livery). The stock code number is BOA14472 and its designed to fit F-RSIN's 1/144 scale Britannia kit.

One version of F-RSIN's Britannia kit is already available complete with El Al decals in the box, although they are laser printed rather than silk screened.

Don

This is my current build in progress.

I had got my hands on the classic-airlines El Al sheet, and then F-RSIN released theirs - so I now have two - but the blues do seem quite different from each other. Have noticed that the F-RSIN sheets do 'brighten up' considerably when applied over white paint.

Cheers,

Mike

It was El Al's own scheme.

I read an article tonight about an El Al Brit. flying a non stop record breaking 15 hour, 400mph, 6000 miles New York- Tel Aviv in 1958.Makes you ache thinking about it!

They had to remove 11 rows of seats because they couldn't do a full pressure refuel at Idlewild due to the "lower" pressure delivery. Even so they were still the fastest across the North Atlantic,faster than BOAC's Brits, (Nov/Dec 57) and like you said ,Gary. With a full fuel (and Pax) load could beat the early 707's when they came into service a year or two later on the Idlewild to Tel Aviv route.