1/72 LET L-410

The AZ model is indeed a reworking of the Gavia kit (I have both now), but now comes with a proper injection moulded sprue for the windows, as opposed to the Gavia's vacformed style clear windows. It now also comes with a cast resin nose that includes the landing lights in the tip of the nose. It is a very nicely moulded kit with very fine engraved detail, and also includes a small set of photo etched parts. The kit itself doesn't come with locating pins, or tabs for the tailplanes -they just butt join, but there are ways to improve on that if you are a bit clumsy like me. It does however include the tip tanks and 3 or 5 bladed props seen on different versions, and comes with a full seated interior that cries out for the passenger door to be cut out of the fuselage to show it off.

The Gavia kit came with decals for 3 options -Aeroflot, Czech AF and a LET company plane. The AZ kits decals have 5 options - White Eagle Aviation of Poland, Manx2, Citywing, an all white UN with a Bulgarian registration and a South African registered International Red Cross machine and look to be of excellent quality.

Dave

The assembly sequence may work better if you don't follow the pictographic instructions. They suggest assembling the entire inside as one unit then sandwiching it between the fuselage halves. I have had to disassemble mine as there are large gaps between the edge of the unit and the fuselage halves. I suggest assembling the interior as part of one half. Maybe I should do a WIP.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There is a one page build review by Andy McCabe in the latest SAMI. (Vol 20 Issue 8 Aug 2014) He reports no particular problems apart from the effort in putting together all the seats etc. At the time of writing Hannants have them available.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

A few handy hints on building your Let410

1. There are some really nice pictures on the net

16631096326_0eda3e730d_c.jpg

2. If I was doing another one I would just make the floor a bit higher, attach nothing but the seat squabs and backs and paint the whole interior black or dark blue - you can't see a thing in there.

3. I lost one window. It was easily replaced with a piece of clear acetate cut to size. The problem as it looked better than all the others so I had to do the lot.

4 There is a mask set available

16469645000_b04f7d93e4_z.jpg

5. I put all the window masks on and wondered at the rim around the outside. The masks are too big. The only way to get them to work is cut them in four and re-attach them.

16655636331_6d949d6f83_z.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...