New Eduard 1/48 Bf109G-6

Hi all,

I've been struck down recently with a case of lack of modelling mojo - don't know why, I've started a few kits then just lose steam halfway through.. :(

In an effort to overcome it I've splashed out on the super-duper new Eduard kit :) it's an absolute cracker. The finesse of the mouldings is as good as I've seen.

I've got the engine kit too - this is awesome! Huge amount of resin/PE - well worth the money. However, I was going to go mad, and get the cockpit kit too, but I was struggling to see the difference from the kit parts, and for £22, thought it was something I could live without..

I'll probably get the resin cannons too and maybe a montex set of markings..

Hopefully I'll get stuck into it shortly, but I won't be rushing as I've a lot going on at the mo :)

Thanks for looking,

Guy

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

Edited by Gisbod
  • Like 3

Mine arrived today, had a quick look at the engine brassin set that came with it not looking forwar to modifying the fusalarge tho .03 mm section you have to leave behind.

Went for the cockpit too, will be getting the bronze uc legs when they come out too.

Mine arrived today, had a quick look at the engine brassin set that came with it not looking forwar to modifying the fusalarge tho .03 mm section you have to leave behind.

Went for the cockpit too, will be getting the bronze uc legs when they come out too.

It's not a critical measurement. It's just there to show the remainder of the area where the Beule would have been, sticks out a fraction past the plate below. Just take a thin shaving off. It won't have any bearing on the fit of the resin parts.

Looking good - I think i'm going to have to add one of these to my collection.

Did you guys order direct from Eduard?

NIck

If you're quick you can order the Overtrees kits too, I've done this a few times and it really brings the cost per kit right down and gives you something to put those extra decals on.

Duncan B

My favourite 109, and I haven't got one yet :(

Oh you have to get (at least) one. Mine have just arrived and they look gooooood! If you're quick and order direct from Eduard you can order a couple of "Overtrees" too and use some of the spare decal options of the Profipack. It works out a really good deal if like me you like to make multiply versions.

Duncan B

• Like 1