Sword Lightning T4 & T5

jaw

Now in stock at Hannants together with trainer Xtradecals!

John

Don't tell everyone, I'll all want one!

Thanks for that, I didn't expect them this quick. The only thing I don't like the look of about the kit is that it looks like they rely on colour PE - not keen on the stuff myself.

Just got back from picking some up and they do look good, but I also am not keen on the small coloured photoetch, it will probably be a bit of a challenge for me. It would of been nice to have the option of decals or painting but it could also be an excuse for me to improve my modelling skills.

Forgot to pick up some decals though with the shock of them being in stock. Oh well another excuse for a visit tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Got both on order, along with both decal sheets, at MJW models...... :yahoo: should have them next week, might even get one started......(11 sqdn T5 sounds good) :winkgrin:

Dave.... :coolio:

Just placed an order (and got the confirmation) for one of each from Hannants, along with the new Xtradecal sheets to go with them. I have a fancy to do a 226 Sqn T4 for starters.

The new Airfix kits are things of beauty; I hope the Sword ones don't disappoint.

Got both on order, along with both decal sheets, at MJW models...... :yahoo: should have them next week, might even get one started......(11 sqdn T5 sounds good) :winkgrin:

Dave.... :coolio:

Ready for Sutton Coldfield?

Mine will!!!

Rick G

How long before they sell out? Not long me thinks. Gonna have to be quick for these, and yes I was.

Yeah, they went very quickly to the top sellers (for the last 7 days) on Hannants website, not long after being on sale. The next best sellers were the Xtradecal sheets.

Sorry, dubble posting.

Edited by Sten Ekedahl
  • Like 1

Confirmed my T.4 preorder yesterday. :-)

• Like 1

Hi Rick......I've promised meself that I'll do one asap.......but I have lied before......BUT might just be the right kit to get me back in the groove again, and actually finish something for a change........

cheers

Dave

Just got my T.Mk.5 - looks really nice, panel lines quite nice, Eduard printed decals. I've found one error in the instructions which says the cockpit tub is resin - it's not it's polystyrene, which is fine as it's fairly simple so there wouldn't have been any advantage in using resin. The resin exhausts look nice, though the one disappointing thing is there is no intake ducting, you get the engine compressor face but just have the sides of the fuselage to act as the ducting. It may be OK due to the limited amount you can see in the Lightning intake in this scale.

Some of the little fuselage intake ducts are separate pieces and looking at the instructions you would think they are hollowed out - they are not they are solid so they would need at little attention, though the problem is some of the duct are moulded on the fuselage and would be a bit more difficult to hollow out. Maybe Quick Boost will give us a duct set for this kit and the moulded on ones can just be cut off.

One big advantage over the Airfix kit is the canopy is moulded nicely without any flow lines in it!

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 3

got mine in the post today

initial impression is good , if you have the twin stick harriers you'll know what to expect as previously stated no intake trunking or seperate cowl ring " maybe some thing can be done with the trumpeter parts. " Looking at the sprue in both kits the tails are kit specific i.e only 1 tail per box .

the decals look good though the pink and blue roundels in the t5 look a little off shade and of course the cable ducts in the t4 are to long . don't be put of we are modellers and these are good kits I look forward to seeing some built.

Regards Glenn.

Edited by cardiff guy

I echo what Glenn has said. looks nicely moulded and should build up pretty well. I had no problems with the Harrier so hopefully the same applies to the Lightnings. Best bit for me regarding the decals are there are pilots names. This is something sadly lacking on the Xtradecal sheets. So many options but the pilots names are missing. Especially late in service it was usual for pilot names to be carried.

Just got my T4. The cable ducts along the sides are T5 length but there is no mention of shortening them. Shouldn't be too hard though.

John

I picked up my pair (T4 & T5) from the Post Office yesterday. Sword look to have done a really good job on the kit - one plus is the moulded in airbrakes, no fiddly installation or sanding. The decal sheets have a couple of errors though, the T4's 56 Squadron fighter bars are missing the pale blue surround and the intake warnings say 'Keep Clean of Intakes when Engine is Running' and ' Keep Clean when Engine is Running'. :lol:

Just got mine from the big H today and it looks great.

Bit weird on the back of the box on the T5, Lakenheath and Alconbury ,? ? ?

Probably they used photos of them at airshows there....

• Like 1

Probably they used photos of them at airshows there....

Correct. I have pics of them when I attended those shows.