Vosper 73' MTB Type 1 (Airfix 1/72)

Well that's it folks I'm calling this project finished!

DSC_8186e (Copy)

Who would have thought that a £16, 40 year old kit could have been so much fun...............

A big thank you to all who have followed and supported me during this time

Final pictures here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986310-mtb-385-vosper-type-1-73/

Cheers Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 11

As pointed out by @Bandsaw Steve  "  Britmodeller’s being over-run by MTB’s and MGB’s !!!  "

Motivated by the current glut of Coastal Forces I've brought this build back on line. 382 pictures loaded into Flickr and then onto BM has been a labour of love and I've cursed certain greedy bu**ers every step of the way.

For those who have never read this enjoy. For those who, have it's an example of what can be achieved with an old kit ....

Kev

In Memory of John Lambert, the best friend anyone interested in Coastal Forces of WWII ever had.

• Like 5

I have always loved the MTB's with it's variations and spin-offs since I was a boy but alas the first and last I built was way back then. So being suitably inspired by MTB modellers on BM, I decided to track down these lovely boats whilst at the Nationals and I didn't see anything on a club table?! I was very impressed with Coastal Crafts shining examples, yum-yum but couldn't make that leap as yet. So, I tracked down an old Airfix MTB and hopefully I'll get building that sometime soon.

Stuart

8 hours ago, Courageous said:

So, I tracked down an old Airfix MTB and hopefully I'll get building that sometime soon.

Go for it...

Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help

2 hours ago, Modelholic said:

(and thanks for several modelling tips).

Your welcome

2 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Don't the two airvents stop it from shutting?

I believe this series of boats were fitted with the phosphor bronze Mk 47ii trifungulated hinges .......

of course I could be wrong and it might be a plain brass oversight

:whistle:

Kev

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robgizlu said:

I deliberated a longtime and without plans it was really hard to discern from original pics - there was a 50 : 50 chance..........

Shame on you :bangin: 

by my calculations on the model / boat you are max 2mm out of position. Plus A you've got to know the boat and B it's only apparent from pics exactly fore and aft. So lets keep mum about this no one knows but us. If any rivet counters should comment we call always hang them from the mast  ......   only so they can get a better view of course :winkgrin:

I don't recall seeing your pics posted on here (?) but then have the memory of a goldfish  :elephant:

Kev

• Like 1