Eastern md11

It's supposedly planned right after the Tristar, sadly very vague information on Russian websites, not sure if it's still on track. If these 2 are the same quality as their Il-18, they'll be beauties !

PAS Resin also had one planned, not sure if it's still the case.

It's supposedly planned right after the Tristar, sadly very vague information on Russian websites, not sure if it's still on track. If these 2 are the same quality as their Il-18, they'll be beauties !

PAS Resin also had one planned, not sure if it's still the case.

Only rumours and wishful thinking.

Everybody hold hands and chant...

Thanks hope someone makes one because I don't really want to spend £50 on the welsh one but if I have to then I will but will hang on and see if anything materialises

I doubt the EE kit would be much cheaper than the Welsh one judging by the price of their woeful B777 on some retail/auction sites

Don't forget there are two different Welsh kits - all vacform at £41 or vacform/resin at £61. I built the very first version of the Welsh MD11(which was totally vacformed apart from the engine fronts) many years ago. Although it was a lot of hard work it made up into a very nice model which really captured the character of the real aircraft and I simply can't imagine EE getting it so right. Sanding the wings for a big vacform is never fun and if I build it again, which is entirely possible, I think I'll probably save up for the one with the resin wings.

Don't forget there are two different Welsh kits - all vacform at £41 or vacform/resin at £61. I built the very first version of the Welsh MD11(which was totally vacformed apart from the engine fronts) many years ago. Although it was a lot of hard work it made up into a very nice model which really captured the character of the real aircraft and I simply can't imagine EE getting it so right. Sanding the wings for a big vacform is never fun and if I build it again, which is entirely possible, I think I'll probably save up for the one with the resin wings.

I doubt the EE kit would be much cheaper than the Welsh one judging by the price of their woeful B777 on some retail/auction sites

Thanks might just get the welsh one

I don't normally do vacform kits, but the Welsh MD11 kit is good – see pic of my Lufthansa Cargo build as evidence.

If you do decide to get a Welsh kit, I would recommend getting the version with resin wings and elevator. While its more expensive, it makes the build a lot simpler.

Only tip is that fixing resin wings to the vacform fuselage needs some reinforcing to prevent flexing – I used brass tubing through the fuselage with the ends extending about 20mm into each wing. Its rock solid.

Hope this helps

Tim

MD11LHCargo.jpg

I don't normally do vacform kits, but the Welsh MD11 kit is good see pic of my Lufthansa Cargo build as evidence.

If you do decide to get a Welsh kit, I would recommend getting the version with resin wings and elevator. While its more expensive, it makes the build a lot simpler.

Only tip is that fixing resin wings to the vacform fuselage needs some reinforcing to prevent flexing I used brass tubing through the fuselage with the ends extending about 20mm into each wing. Its rock solid.

Hope this helps

Tim

MD11LHCargo.jpg

Thanks I think I would get the more expensive one

• 2 years later...