Dragon 1/35 Marder III H Sd.Kfz.138 Panzerjager 38

Here we have a Dragon 1/35 Marder III H Sd.Kfz.138 Panzerjager 38. This was one of there "Smart Kits" so many extras with this kit and the amount of detail included in the box, but as always you can't see most of the detail due to being hidden. But at least you get to see it as you build the kit !! Used AK paints on this with a wash for light vehicles just to bring the brightness down on it and a few other pigments and washes. Very small vehicle compared to the last project of mine, I was surprised on how small this Marder is.

1_zps5beb4cce.jpg2_zps84819946.jpg3_zpsdbb2724a.jpg4_zps8f424763.jpg5_zpsc3aa925e.jpg6_zpsb8c32d96.jpg7_zpsd49af495.jpg8_zpsf8c60575.jpg9_zps5f8fff62.jpg10_zpsb1047705.jpg11_zps8a2f5eb2.jpg12_zps2bf36930.jpg13_zps592b910e.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks Lee. Not a bad kit to build, But the instruction sheet may as well have been in Chinese. It just shows you how to build it, but not really in what sequence. I had to go back and forth front to end all the time and then check at the end what was left and find out where to put it. just glad I finished it and not ended up with a flying Marder...

That's really nice Fred. An excellent finish and I really like the effects and weathering you have used, well done!

Thanks Paul. Main colour was AK Braun 8020 with a few camo stripes of AK Grau 7027, but felt it was too bright so I then use AK enamel wash for yellow vehicles mixed with thinner, 20/80, put on with brush to weather it slightly and afterwards various other washes and pigments.

That's really very nice! It's got a lovely worn look, something that's been maintained, but seen lots of action - very realistic!

The paintwork is excellent, as is the weathering. Nice work on the exhaust too ;)

5 star build Fredben

Cheers

Patrick

• Like 1

Thanks Patrick, That's very good of you to give me a 5 star build. Strange how this build turned out. I was not enjoying this build and wanted just to leave to one side and start something else, but I knew if I done that it would have been the for a long time unfinished.

Thanks Patrick, That's very good of you to give me a 5 star build. Strange how this build turned out. I was not enjoying this build and wanted just to leave to one side and start something else, but I knew if I done that it would have been the for a long time unfinished.

Well I'm glad you persevered, although I know what you mean - I have an almost done SU-152 that's waiting for some inspiration!

Edited by dubster72
  • Like 1

very nice' very nice indeed' your weathering method is really good.

regards oz!.

Lovely job, build & weathering spot on.

I know what you mean about Dragon instructions, they take a bit of deciphering. I'm occasionally building a Dragon Panther A, you certainly appreciate the buildability of a Tamiya kit, knocked my Matilda out in next to no time compared to my Panzer III.

Pete

Thanks for the feedback Pete. Yes your right about the Dragon instructions compared to Tamiya. I have just started and completed a Tamiya Chieftain MK 5 tank in 2 Days today, That's built, primed and painted, only got to mess about with it tomorrow with the weathering. So now and then it's not bad to have a Dragon model, It saves you money making the model last longer.

• Like 1