A new Valiant in 1/144 from MikroMir

BallsBuster

Does anyone know anything about the company, any past experiences with the quality or accuracy ?

Hoping it will live up to the expectation.

They are from Ukraine :- http://armoryhobbyshop.com/index.php?route=product/manufacturer/product&manufacturer_id=152

I've done a few of their 1:350 scale submarines - and was pleased with the results.

The kits are limited run style - but appear to be accurate and, on the sub kits at least, include etched brass accessories.

350_Nautilus_02.jpg

350_Nautilus_04.jpg

More 1:350 sub pics here.

Ken

Hi,

Mikro Mir is a relatively new company based in Ukraine. They produce the whole range of "esoteric" kits in a variety of scales - 1/350, 1/144, 1/72, 1/35, 1/350. I am a 72nd scale fan so I sold my soul to them for their version of "Tornado". Which is very good. I also had their Me-263 which is at par with the SpecialHobby one but does not have the PE and resin parts.

Quality wise - they are very close to A-Model short run kits, and some of their kits are supplied with the PE frets.

I happen to know the owner and got these pictures are from him directly. I think they are distributed via Hannant's in the UK, but as far as I know looking for more European distributors.

Edited by BallsBuster

You sound like my daughter......

Now I want it YESTERDAY!

Martin

PS: If I don't get it soon, I shall scream and scream and scream until I am sick! :puke:

• Like 3

This is a most welcome sight. Ill take 10 please ;) wow now give us the b1 and b2 victors and vulcans and the would will be perfect :)

I am hoping Great Wall follows on with exactly what you mention!

• Like 1

I am hoping Great Wall follows on with exactly what you mention!

Well who would have believed we would have a new 1/144TH Vulcan and TSR-2 from anyone a few years back. Looking at the Vulcan kit I noted the way they engineered the ECM seemed to be a pointless part of molding and then wondered why the engine tunnels come out too again not really needed. Then I wondered about the Kit being designed to easily offer the other versions. Sure enough the K2 has come out with that option on the ECM making sense.

The engine tunnels being replaceable would allow for the B1 engine tunnels. But that theory goes when the wings, tail cone are one piece with the fuselage and the intakes would need to be different too. However I do not know how injection molds work in being able to switch out wings Etc.. Maybe its possible.

I guess time will tell.

I really would love to know were to get hold of these Valiants. They look very nice.

Cheers Rob :)

• 2 weeks later...