boeing p-8 poseidon, would make a great kit

thepureness

I'm a big fan of maritime patrol aircraft, aircraft like the nimrod, Shackleton, Orion, DB Atlantic but thought a great idea for a new tooled kit would be a Boeing P-8 Poseidon.

Its one of those kits in 1/144 or even a crazy big plane at 1/72 scale. I don't think it would take too much effort to covert an existing 1/144 737 kit. Anyone think it would make a great looking kit? With everything all hanging out

Vacform :(

Multimedia, so I would assume resin wings, etc., then vacform fuselage half's.. it's really not that hard to get into. I've not long started then and they are great. Get yourself a cheap vac to play with, you won't regret it! :)

I can vouch for the Welsh Models P-8 - it does build up very nicely. Can't recall if the wings or the fuselage are resin, but it weighs a ton. Apparently, though, it's a prototype with service markings and needs a bit of jiggery-pokery to make it accurate.

This is my 1/72 P-8 build. Start with an Airfix AWACS, buy shares in Milliput and invest a lot of time.

IMG_9629.jpg

Pound coin is for scale.

Edited by Nigel Bunker
  • Like 1

My dad built the Welsh kit:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234955833-172nd-boeing-p-8-poseidon-737-800/?hl=poseidon

As Radleigh says is was a vac fuselage and resin wings, tail and engines. It makes a lovely model.

Tom

• Like 1