Babylon 5 Warp shadow ship

Very cool indeed. Great job on the surface finish in particular. The base is very clever as well.

Are you doing any other B5 ships? I assume you're a fan from your username. Always liked the look of the Centauri ships myself.

Hi the kit is made by Warp, available on ebay along with earth alliance omega and nova dreadnoughts a whitestar, which I have but not started yet. Also got a Minbari sharlin cruiser to build, lot of scratch building required, an Olympus corvette and a Warlock destroyer waiting in the lines. Not to mention a starfury waiting to be finished. So far the only centauri ships ive seen are the white metal wargaming miniatures, oop but still able to pick up on ebay.

Excellent surface texture - always thought that was one of the more difficult models to build and get looking good.

One of these days I must finish my Agamemnon!

Very nice! How did you come up with the mottled paint, like the flat black surrounding the glossy patches? Was it lots of patient masking?

I have a Warp White Star but its sat in the garage for years cos I don't think I could do the paintwork justice.

I've seen the Minbaari War Cruiser before but lost the link to the guy who produced them. Could you remind me of it if you can? Bit of a beast isn't it? Oh, and who made the Warlock cruiser? Thats a pretty ship!

Edited by shawty82

Hi, the key to building the shadow ship was to build the 3 main parts separately (as when assembled you just wouldn't get a paintbrush into all the areas), each section was primed in grey, painted matt black all over, then gloss black mottle by small paintbrush, carefully turning over and over following the pattern as you worked down or up the arms. Its a job I wouldn't even dream of trying to mask!! Fortunately the entire model comes with a lovely surface texture cast in.

Shawty82, unfortunately the minbari cruiser, olympus corvette and the warlock I bought from one manufacturer who is no longer listing on ebay

Did a search for you the Manufacturer it was Bam Bam model Productions, heres an e-mail address to contact the artist responsible, their web site is no longer on-line. Hope this helps, he might still have some stock to sell on.

[email protected]

Hey

Just for yours and everybody's info, I emailed the addy you gave me and got a very swift response from a Mel Kraley of Starfighter Shipyards who says that he/she has bought the masters for the B5 kits and will be working on getting them back into production soon.

Awesome :-)

www.starfightershipyards.com

Edited by shawty82
  • Like 1

The shadow ship has been one of my all time favourite ever since it's first ever glimpse in subspace! You've made a nice job, nice to see one built and painted!

Shawty82, heres what they look like unmade against pic of real thing.

Minbari cruiser, needs a lot of additional scratchbuilt.

DSC01986_zps511272e0.jpgminbari_warcruiser_5view_zpsa4df031c.jpg

olympus corvette, minimal additional stuff needed

DSC01988_zps51ed96f3.jpgolympus_zps2cf4d5d9.jpg

EA Warlock, again minimal additions needed.

DSC01987_zpsf3e81561.jpgwarlockx_zps76e58038.jpg

Hope this wets your appetite, they are all a nice size, the minbari cruiser being the biggest.