ZVESDA TIGER 1

oz!

hi guys' just finished the zvesda tiger and must say its not such a bad kit after all, the detail is rather good and crisp with no flash at all' and part fit is also not bad, anyway heres a couple of pics for you to muse over' sorry they aren't the best but weather isn't so good for taking pic's today, but as usual I'm sure I'll pull it out in the future to tinker with again.

cheers guys oz!.

2_zps640ca5b0.jpg1_zpse9b9925f.jpg5_zps8cc1e806.jpg4_zpsf0ed39a1.jpg6_zpsc94cf3ac.jpg3_zpsff27903f.jpg7_zps9d7e6e47.jpg

• Like 9

cheers boys' thanks for the kind words, the only thing i will change in the future are the tracks' they aren't that good but i left em on as they are part of the original kit. when the kit first came out it got a bit of stick from some quarters.........i really don't know what all the fuss was about :winkgrin:

regards oz!.

cheers Matt' the things i added were' a Pz III bin and etch grills and the etch fire extinguisher holder plus some lead wire on the grenade/ smoke launchers' the iron sight on the mantlet and cupola' then re-did the tow cables with some appropriate sized string and a couple of catches where the shovel would be fitted and thats about it i think.

cheers oz!.

cheers Fred i appreciate the kind words' yep your right about the exhausts dads they are way to bright' must admit i was trying to take the pics before i lost more light and didn't get round to getting them done but I'm working on that right now............new pic coming soon :winkgrin: .

best regards oz!

• Like 1

Great looking Tiger, OZ.

:goodjob:

Mike D.

cheers matey' glad you like it, i appreciate the kind words.

regards oz!.

exhaust done at last!!!!.

SV400006_zpsd9405bb3.jpg

Another stunner Oz. Love the weathering.

cheers tim' thanks for the kind words.

best regards oz!.

That is a great job, you certainly have made the Zvesda kit a viable option to the more pricey tiger kits out there.

I'm interested in your colour choice for the spare tracks, which look to be well rusted. We have been talking about this on another forum, that possibbly they had a dark protective coating to inhibit rust. Also, German tracks apparently had a high content of manganese which did not rust easily. Any thoughts on this?

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

Top job. Really nice colours and weathering.

I thought the early Panzer III turret bin had long gone by the time they started mounting spare track links on the turret?

Nice groundwork too.

Ian

• Like 1

thank you very much for the kind words and the input guys' its most welcome.

hi ianC' here is 2 pic's taken in late 44 early 45 of a hybrid with a Pz III bin ( rare indeed) also the bins were still in use when the track was mounted on the front hull of the standard model tigers.

regards oz!.

Copyof0002_zps6e8339d0.jpgCopyof0001_zps2a5278d0.jpg

wintertiger_zpse913f0c0.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for the kind words Mick/Mr grumpylee its very much appreciated.

cheers guys oz!.

hi jackG' yep you are correct in what your saying, i also think the tracks were given a protective coat of a paint or lacquer substance' but the tracks would still eventually rust, maybe not the ones on the track hangers but the ones will on the running gear, what i wanted to do was instead of painting the tracks in a black/grey finish was put a bit of color into a rather dark looking model, although the first pic was taken years after the war the tracks will indeed rust and the track on the next pic looks to be rusted also, but i suppose a bit of artistic license wont do any harm ......................i hope.......as far as i know both pics are original color pics but i'm not sure.

best regards oz!.

2_zps4a54b21d.png0003_zps405783f5.jpg

Wow what a surprise another cat.

I particularly like the camo, is this a specific scheme?

Wonderful job as usual

Cheers

K

cheers matey' yep another tiger!!! you guys must be getting sick of em by now.................. its a generic early war tiger scheme although i chose to leave the camo off the top surfaces just to be a bit different.

cheers mate....................oz!.

cheers mate' thanks for the very kind comment.

regards oz!.

Another stunning build and even though I,am not a builder of German AFV stuff :shutup: colour scheme right or wrong it is still a cracking looking display of a well built model the altered exhausts look a very natural rusty colour now :goodjob:

Beefy

Another stunning build and even though I,am not a builder of German AFV stuff :shutup: colour scheme right or wrong it is still a cracking looking display of a well built model the altered exhausts look a very natural rusty colour now :goodjob:

Beefy

thanks for the kind comments mate' its appreciated :D .

cheers oz!.