F-8 Crusader, `Death Angels`, Da Nang

Hi Everyone, I`m afraid I`ve nothing new to show, so hope you don`t mind seeing one from a year or two ago

cyTgQT1.jpg

Monogram boxing of their 1/48 F-8 Crusader

xkOAGJP.jpg

In the kit markings of VMF-235, `The Death Angels`, Da Nang, South Vietnam, around 1965

HSwVewa.jpg

I modified the kit seat to more resemble the real thing, widened and lowered the main gear, raised the nose gear slightly and........

0Mg4Bvj.jpg

added some 2000lbers off a Tamiya Skyraider, as per several pic`s in books I`ve seen and suggested by someone on another forum

5mgwzj3.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at,

Cheers Russ

• Like 16

Very nice. Great quality build.

Chris

• Like 1

Another great build, as usual, and a fantastic deco only the Americans can dream up!

An altogether outstanding Cruze!

Cheers

JR

• Like 1

Very nice!

I'm currently trying to put my Esci 1/48 F8 together, tho I don't think it will compare somehow.....

.....but more some inspiration and "must work harder" appreciated!

TonyS

• Like 1

Really well turned out model, i have always liked the F8, seeing your one has convinced me i HAVE to do one now. Any idea which is best one in 1/48?

Kev

Kev

Hasegawa is generally accepted as the best, it's the only one that allows you to build from the box with the wing in the raised angle of attack position and slats and flaps down. Received wisdom is that a little fettling is needed in this configuration.

I don't think it's current, but is still available on EBay ( I bought one last week!).

If you want cheap and cheerful, go for Esci, I paid £5.00! Also available Revell. Both now ex stock.

TonyS

Edited by dhdove
  • Like 1

If you want to get depressed, read "Sailors to the End". It explains what happens when you insist on using old, unstable bombs in a high risk environment like a carrier deck. At least yours was land based. The weathering looks just right.

Robin

• Like 1

Really well turned out model, i have always liked the F8, seeing your one has convinced me i HAVE to do one now. Any idea which is best one in 1/48?

Kev

Thanks Kev, I have to agree with TonyS on the Hasegawa kit ( though I`ve only seen it and not built one ). I saw the Hasegawa not too long ago on Hannants special offers, might be worth a look ?

And thanks to everyone for looking and positive comments