this looks brilliant - it takes me back to that Sunderland diorama I built a number of years ago with a very similar theme and figures etc - your dio looks superb - top marks

It was your Sunderland diorama (plus the Micheal Turner painting on my calendar) that inspired me to do this diorama!

Thanks for the kind words :)

• Like 2

Couldnt agree more about the rope! I didnt do any MAJOR improvements on the kit... I just did lots of smaller ones in the hope it would all add up. And I realised that getting the rope and figures right actually makes the diorama dynamic. Hence why I used a resin head for the bloke throwing the rope and spent a lot of time making sure the figures were in the correct pose.

Judging by all the nice comments I think it did the trick! Cheers all!

Ben

• Like 1

Love this! As mentioned, the gravity-defying rope is marvellous!

A couple if q's if I may: is the resin engine specifically for this kit and where did you get it and the canopy from?

Hope you did a WIP as I need to know how you did the rope (unless you're a really good miniature rope thrower and photographer!) will search now.

Love this! As mentioned, the gravity-defying rope is marvellous!

A couple if q's if I may: is the resin engine specifically for this kit and where did you get it and the canopy from?

Hope you did a WIP as I need to know how you did the rope (unless you're a really good miniature rope thrower and photographer!) will search now.

Thanks!

The resin engine was a CMK Bristol Pegasus... The right engine for the Walrus.

The canopy is Pavla's canopy for Matchbox's Walrus (so it fitted just fine).

Here's the WIP http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958689-supermarine-walrus-172-airfix-99-complete/

And the rope was a stroke of genius (luck, more likely). All I used was a copper strand from a small electrical wire, bent it into shape, primed it, then painted it.

Wow! Very impressive! Just like a real.... Everything! Was it paint by brush? So if it would be real that is a double time awesome!

Cheers :)

Yep, painted with a Mk.I hairystick (as usual), nothing at all fancy, just a couple hours or so making sure the pattern and colours are correct. Small bit of weathering; first with a black wash to pop out the smaller details, then a khaki wash to add the weathering/fading effect on fabric/wooden surfaces.

Ben

• Like 1

Ben,

I just found this thread. It is a magnificent build and diorama. The figures, the portrayal of action, the actual kit itself, all are great. You should be proud of this one, very proud.

• Like 1