226 OCU Lightning F.1A

Another one finally done and dusted before I have a fortnight away this coming week. Trumpthing Lightning F.1A kit with Aeroclub resin rear end and metal nose ring that polished up rather nice. Decals from generic stuff for insignia and Modeldecals for all serial and unit markings. Stencilling from the kit.

This one is another of those personal ones for me. On my first ATC camp in August 1968. It was at RAF Coltishall where the Lightning OCU lived. Mid week we were given a 'flat display' on account of low cloud cover by the Reds in Gnats whose support crew turned up in Valetta VW197!! Following the Reds was Lightning XM216. It gave a very spirited routine and its due to being among them that week that made me love the old thing! Incidentally, the first four Royal Saudi T55s were there too crew training!!

IMG_5125_zps6e4163dd.jpg

IMG_5124_zpsb388ef99.jpg

IMG_5121_zps0d2b00f3.jpg

IMG_5123_zpse58b82f6.jpg

IMG_5122_zpsbc0ebf99.jpg

• Like 3

Photobucket for you!!! Its probably because I apparently have approached my bandwidth!!! I'm expected to go to Photobucket PLUS and pay$30.00 a year to get them back up!!!

And thats after I went though a whole bunch of older pics and deleted them to make room!!!!!!!!! S** That!!!!

Happened to me last week Paul, had to pay £17 for a year after deleting most of my pics discovered the % fill never dropped!finally ran out of bandwidth.

Nice job there - what is the NMF you've used?

As for the pics, right click the image box and "copy image URL" , paste it into another tab on your browser and you should see the pic.

HTH
Cheers

Rick