Harrier back in UK!

Skeg

Don't know how to do links but several sites including Farnborough's own stating that a Spanish Navy Harrier is to be at the airshow this year. Not sure if flying but a few people seem to think it is.

With this, the F35 and the Viggen and Draken at Waddington this year is looking to be an absolute classic for shows for me.

160 views and only one comment. I'm shocked there is not more interest in this news!

160 views and only one comment. I'm shocked there is not more interest in this news!

Perhaps the retirement of the British Harriers is still a sore spot for a lot of people and the notion of anything but a British Harrier performing at a British show feels a bit like a slap in the face.

For myself, I hope they can get it for the NATO Day show that happens here in the Czech Republic in late September every year.

Edited by upnorth
  • Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up Skeg.

I suspect I might be too busy with work unfortunately but hope folk post up plenty of photos to look at.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weather is good for all who are lucky enough to go.

Cheers

Perhaps the retirement of the British Harriers is still a sore spot for a lot of people and the notion of anything but a British Harrier performing at a British show feels a bit like a slap in the face.

Think you hit the nail on the head there. Of course it'd be cool to see any Harrier fly, but seeing them in anything but RAF/RN service is kinda like seeing your hot ex with another guy.

• Like 3

Think you hit the nail on the head there. Of course it'd be cool to see any Harrier fly, but seeing them in anything but RAF/RN service is kinda like seeing your hot ex with another guy.

I see it a bit different. The last time i saw a harrier display i thought to myself "that's it, that's the last time i'm going to see a harrier fly in person" and now there is a chance i'm going to see one again. I think it's a bonus that its going to be one that i never thought i would ever see in the first place.

It's almost tipped the scales of me maybe buying a farnborough ticket more than the F35.

I'm very happy to see a Harrier fly, no matter what colour the roundels :) Of course, I'd have preferred to see ours soldier on for a few years yet, but that was not to be. No use in staying bitter about it forever, as time moves on :shrug:

I'm with Mike on this, if it's true and a Spanish Harrier is flying at Farnborough, ten I will be extremely happy. Better than no Harrier at all flying anywhere in the UK, whoever is operating it. Another reason to be happy is because I already have tickets for the show! ;)

One question bugs me though & that is what's the reason for Spain to be showing this at Farnborough? Are they planning on selling them to us???

I hope they do, but I've seen them scheduled before only to pull out.

Sounds like Rafales at NATO Day here. they've been promised and confirmed several times over the years but have yet to be seen there even in static.