Advice on Plum kits

I recently bought a 1/60 kit of the Silver Hawk from Darius Burst issued by Plum, and while it looks great on the sprues and doesn't really seem to need glue, I would like to know if anyone has built a Plum kit and if there is anything I may need to be careful about (e.g. how does the plastic react to glue, how fiddly is the kit).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Did you see Smiffy's build thread in the sci-fi group build a while ago?

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234910221-sa-77-silpheed/

That had some weirdness with parts fracturing, but there were suggestions in thread as to why that might've been and it looked easy enough to fix.

I have the Silpheed Lancer and the R9 and they look good in the box. The sprue layouts, tags etc. look identical to Bandai which makes me think they did the actual manufacturing? I've built a couple of Bandai kits and had no problems with using e.g. Tamiya glue, lacquer primer and paint, acrylic paint and enamels for weathering. I would test anything you intend to use on a bit of sprue first though :)

The parts snap together which is good - fit is generally excellent. Be wary of test-fitting stuff though - once you've seated a part it can be very hard to remove it without damage. One thing which can help is cutting off the pins at a diagonal, so they're still able to locate the part but there's less surface for friction to hold it together. That way you can test fit, adjust and then glue. If you want a really good finish you'll probably need to fill gaps and sand, gluing parts should give a more stable base to work with.

HTH,

Will