1:25 Hummer H2 from Revell

richellis

1:25 Hummer H2

Revell

hummer%20001.JPG

The Hummer H2 SUV is biased on a design laid out by the US Miltary for a High Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicle that had a wide track so it was able to follow in the same tracks as larger military trucks. Originally it was only planned as a military vehicle but in 1992 a civilian version was added to the range with a more civilian friendly and comfortable interior, and gloss paint.
The H2 version is slightly smaller than the original H1, and the military versions. The H2 is available as an SUV, or with an open back load bed as a truck (Pickup) version. The H2 was launched in 2003 and comes with comfortable interiors and all the creature comforts you would expect in a car of this type. Don’t expect a fuel efficient ride though with the smallest engine being a 6l V8!
You will see Hummer H2s over the world, being the ride of choice on hen nights! We have a pink stretched H2 Limo in our village!

hummer%20003.JPG

hummer%20004.JPG

The shell comes as a single part and isn’t the crispest part I’ve seen, it looks a bit soft to me, for what is a very sharp angular vehicle. The size of the part looks correct to me against pictures, and H2s that I’ve seen but the shape isn’t quite there for me.

hummer%20008.JPG

The rear boot lid is a separate part and if you want and are careful with the glue can be made to open and close, this also seems a little softly moulded for me

hummer%20011.JPG

hummer%20009.JPG

There are 2 black sprues that carry the big bumpers for the front and rear of the hummer, and also some other sundry items for the outside of the vehicle. The moulding on these black sprues is much sharper and carries nice details on the surface of the parts.

hummer%20006.JPG

Now, I thought the shell was a bit soft, the underside and chassis detail is very sharp, the underside has some very crisp details and looks very realistic. It’s a shame the shell isn’t to the same sharp quality. There is a bag with a couple of small metal screws to attach the shell and underside together during the build, and pair of metal axles is also included.

hummer%20005.JPG

hummer%20010.JPG

hummer%20012.JPG

hummer%20022.JPG

There is a number of parts to attach to the underside of the model, the 4 wheel drive system with the big heavy axles, prop shafts and transmission are very well detailed and will go together to give a very well detailed chassis. The brake discs are separate parts, this will alow you to paint the chassis, and the discs separately as the discs should be a metal colour. The calliper is moulded onto the disc. Spend time painting and detailing here, as this kit has big rims and the brakes will be very visible on your built model.

hummer%20007.JPG

hummer%20018.JPG

Now we move inside the car, it starts with an interior tub moulded in grey, the parts for the inside are nicely done, the dash board mirrors the real H2 well from my research, as the real car is left hand drive only, so is the model. The seats have some engraved mouldings to simulate the stitching on the vehicle, and the various consoles and leavers are also added to the interior, and a large sub-woofer speaker box is included to sit in the boot. The Hummer has a wide range of interior options, so check your references before cracking the paints out.

hummer%20019.JPG

hummer%20020.JPG

hummer%20021.JPG

There are a few clear sprues, the glazing for the front is clear and the rear is tinted. The tint is nice and not too dark.

hummer%20015.JPG

hummer%20016.JPG

The parts look thin and to scale, there is no glass included for the front doors so some clear plastic will need to be sourced.

hummer%20013.JPG

hummer%20014.JPG

Being an American vehicle there is chrome, and this is no exception with 2 shiny sprues. The first has the characteristic chrome grill for the front of the car that looks good against the real car, and although it is very shiny, so does the real car that’s local to me, the second sprue includes some massive chrome wheels, and I mean massive! They look a good shape against pictures of the real ‘hoops’ on the net, and 4 very low profile tyres are included, they are almost rubber bands!

hummer%20017.JPG

They have some nice directional tread detail so make sure to put them the right way around, I couldn’t comment on any sidewall detail, there aren’t any sidewalls they are very low profile!

hummer%20023.JPG

A single decal sheet is in the box, there are some metallic grey tribal style graphics for the sides of the car, and they look nice and have a metallic sheen. Other items on the sheet are various badges for the body, and a dashboard dial pod decal for the dashboard. The detail is as expected from Revell, very nice, quality decals. 3 registration tags are included, Florida, California, or Kentucky.
So this is a good release from Revell, I feel the body lacks the sharp angular look of the real H2, but it’s a nice model with the custom touches and big chrome rims. No doubt it has box appeal on the shelf to kids and boy racers.

Revell model kits are available from all good toy and model retailers. For further information visit

logo-revell-2009.gif t_logo-a.png or facebook.gif