This is amazing. Note to self: never complain about shiny aftermarket resin Vulcan intakes ever again!

Cheers mate. Yeh these ones where not easy to make at all... But I had no choice.

Sadly I have now thought of an easier way to do it but it would require some expensive tools. All things considered and that these where made just using mk1 eyeball guesstimates I am very happy with them, Just cant wait to get her finished. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have not touched this for a few weeks except to dream about the end result but here is a bit more progress of where I am up too.

On the Canopy I have added milliput to feather in the frames and build up the shape to look more like the real deal with a little hump at the front which has improved the look I think.

D49FBB55-9A61-44F4-AF4A-1CE0C2FA0E99_zps

3E70A22F-7BCD-4E30-B0BB-C16659D2AE11_zps

Same goes for the Bomb aiming window too.

D4FF6B83-AF20-4453-A6C7-3DE7A39B43DA_zps

F1D42E16-9C96-43C8-AB22-A86D1E6D337C_zps

I have been infilling certain engraved lines numbers roundels and flaws with MrSurfracer 500 then I can start to scribe a bit more detail on and correct a few things.

I need to blend in the exhausts now and angle then off so they slope at the back.

92B80CF2-2932-44C1-BBEC-A0FDA9C7D2F7_zps

92B80CF2-2932-44C1-BBEC-A0FDA9C7D2F7_zps

More soon :)

Rob

• Like 9

Nice work on the canopy and bomb aiming blister, really coming together now :) I'll get some of my vulcan done tomorrow :P (as you know, I've been working out how it should be built, while dreaming of the finished product!)

Goodnight all ;)

Sam

• Like 1

Cheers Sam and Colin yes now the Milliput is set I can tidy it and blend it in with MrSurfacer and she how shes looking under some primer.

I think its nearly there now the only real challenge how is tidying up the joins and rescribing a few details and scribing a few more details perhaps, oh and port holes then were nearly there.

Cheers Rob :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I can't believe its another month since I worked on this... Well I will try and get the primer on before Christmas..

I have just reshaped the lower part of the rudder so it is a sharp angle like the real thing. Frog had put a curve there.

506D47E0-14BA-45E2-8964-6BFEE9078C0E_zps

Now I have to brave these port hole windows. I got some flat cutting Milling bits as per Bills recommendation. The plan is to star the hole with a normal drill then cut down only a by about 1MM.

Rob :)

• Like 2

Good to see progress on this Rob, must admit I never noticed the curve on mine, (needed a magnifier but yes it's there, good call)....the windscreen looks good too, might well have to follow suite !

Cheers mate I also reshaped the fincap added the spine and blended the exhausts into the airframe as there was a nasty step there. Its getting there now just a few more bits of filler and sorting the port holes then Its time for some primer and a scribing session.

I am undecided on a full scribe but whatever I do will be light as I can. I will probably focus on main points of interest like the radome, Air breaks and take it from there.

The Control surfaces are not quite right and a lot of the panel lines on the wings is not quite right either. I am unsure weather to leave it as is, fill it all in, or correct it as best I can.

Then it can make it to the next stage.

I could do with getting them plans re-scaled to exactly 1/96 but I have no idea how to do it.

Rob :)

Looking goood Rob!

John

Cheers John and with all the stuff you sent me its going to be even more fun now :)

Rob

• Like 1

You've done some amazing work in this thread Rob, you've inspired me to track down some of these old V Bomber kits. Congratulations on some stunning modelling

ALL eyes of the Reds were on her when she pulled into formation - says it all :)

It certainly does: when flying in formation, you keep your eyes on your leader! Formation flying rule #1 ;)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

You've done some amazing work in this thread Rob, you've inspired me to track down some of these old V Bomber kits. Congratulations on some stunning modelling

It certainly does: when flying in formation, you keep your eyes on your leader! Formation flying rule #1 ;)

Cheers mate I'm jaunt getting back to working on her and in the future I might be able to help you find some of these.

Just caught up with this Rob, lovely work with that miliput and cockpit framing :)

Cheers dude just getting back to work on it now :)

I think I'm gonna need to do some scribing on this currently in just tidying up the filler and

Gaps. Still need to sort the potholes but she's getting there now :)

• 4 months later...

Right FINALLY.. getting back to work on this old dear.

I have given it a light mist over with Halfords Filler primer after spending ages sanding away and filling shaping the cockpit, Exhaust tunnel taper to cans, tail fin, etc. etc.

Still work to do and to decide how extensive a rescribe will be. I can either totally omit the wing detail , keep whats there, or correct it.. last being a massive job. I need to correct and re scribe the radome lines. Add Porthole windows and sort the air intake splitter plates I added to start correcting them. They have ended up very much to thick so I am thinking I might just get rid of them altogether and add much finer ones now the intakes are in as they should actually be quite small much smaller than you think.

Here are some shots of it around and about so you can see how all the new details are sitting into the overall shape a bit better.

:)

E6736459-8F36-4D1C-A7A4-CE14366D5224_zps

CDA82CF0-DADC-4C21-8957-B30D9714D158_zps

4824DA20-F50A-4CE9-A4F0-FF0F04E6AB38_zps

3711FFCD-CF02-4FD2-B669-A0660ECE102A_zps

B4644DDB-A663-45D3-8D1D-8248901E8BAA_zps

E58E9333-2D27-44CF-9D08-6DBA8BE43117_zps

Good day Rob :)

• Like 4

Welcome back, Rob and Vulcan.

Nice to see you both on here.

Of course the popcorn went stale while

I was waiting so I've had to buy more.

I'll send you the bill.

Thanks Pete good to be back I've never been so absent before but busy with the band a lot lately. Filming a music video next week.

Good to get back to this though.

Have you moved ? , I see your name has changed.

Sorry about the popcorn haha it's not good for you anyway :)

Cheers Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well it's nearly a year on and I still have not got back to this so I must soon along with the myriad of other projects.

I am sorry if I have missed any replies and seemed rude. I have hardley been on here for ages and had a great deal of good and bad things going on in life and been unusually busy but it's settling down now at last. So hopefully I'll catch up soon.

I am finding this new site hard to navigate it seems pretty alien to me at the mo and I'll have to get familiar with it all.

hope every one is well miss the modelling the people and the shows. 

Just in case you wondered I am still alive lol :) 

Rob 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CedB said:

He's back! Great to see you Rob and I hope things settle down enough for you to get back to the bench :D 

Hello ! Yes hopefully I'll manage to get on here more now. Had some personal stuff to deal with and a sick Dad. Also the Band stuff has been full on but we finally got the EP released and we are on tour next week.

after that some normality will be a treat and the smell of poly cement haha 

• Like 2