Hello folks,

My first ready for inspection post :) it's only taken a year...

I'd like to present my 1/72 Airfix Gazelle. Built as part of a long term project in which I hope to recreate helicopters my dad has worked on throughout his career.

Scratch built details in the cockpit, scratch built gearbox and engine and further details added throughout.

Link to the WIP thread: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234942566-airfix-172-gazelle-finished/

imagejpg1_zps22aa7046.jpg

Somehow it found its way to South East Asia?

imagejpg1_zps3df67d3d.jpg

imagejpg1_zps35c7a688.jpg

imagejpg1_zps9c105bbe.jpg

imagejpg1_zps3257a568.jpg

imagejpg1_zps8f69ad8f.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsc19cc244.jpg

imagejpg1_zps044638e4.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbd7514d3.jpg

imagejpg1_zps8a4d33b4.jpg

imagejpg1_zpse8aeffa9.jpg

Thanks for looking

Sorry if there's too many images; I'll delete if necessary.

Edited by milktrip
  • Like 60

I've really enjoyed looking at that - superb work. I knew it was small but I only realised just how small when I saw the shot with the paint jar. Even more impressive when I fully understood the actual size! Really excellent.

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Next time, I'd select a slightly more neutral backdrop colour, though… ;-)

Cheers Joachim; I'm still getting to grips with the photography - harder than the modelling IMHO. I've treated myself to a semi decent camera and portable photobooth (box). It was suppose to come with backdrops but didn't :( my white pillow case was looking a bit drab and the only colour backdrop I had was red. I note that a lot of guys on here use a pale blue colour - would you know where I can get my hands on one of these?

Thanks again

• Like 1

That is just simply amazing,....fantastic modelling,.....you must have really good eyesight (Oh no I sound really old saying that!)!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Next time, I'd select a slightly more neutral backdrop colour, though… ;-)

Its his mum's old curtains.

I have used a sheet of pale blue artist's paper from Hobbycraft (Aberdeen). I am sure there are better material options out there but is is easy to get hold of and does not look too bad.

• Like 1

1/72 has always been, & always will be my favourite scale Aaron - your Gazelle is definitely in my top 3 favourite 1/72nd models of all time, if not the favourite - it's an absolutely incredible model & testament to the skills of a master modeller - stupendous work all round!!

Really enjoyed following your build thread too, & look forward to seeing the next masterpiece take shape!

ATB

Keith

• Like 2