1/48 Kinetic Mirage III/5

azzaob

Please let it be true, a IIIE and better still the IIIR to use the Berna decals on. Its gonna be a great summer I just know it. Some cannards to do the late Brazillian IIIEBR would be a great treat too!!

In the pictures I see parts for Mirage IIIE/O/S/R/RD/RS and 5F.

I think we can expect some more versions by the German Kinetic partner: Wingman Model. Wait and see.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Nice one.

I`ve been waiting for a new tooling of the Mirage IIIe in 48th for years.

Many have made promises but no one has delivered.

Lets hope to see it available soon.

Thanks for the info.

Adrian

So typical, for years and years I was a Mirage obsessive, bought every decal, kit, book; you name it I probably had it.

Now, I've totally lost all interest in them (and all things military) sold every one of those decal sheets, kits, books etc..and look what happens!!!

Can't win. If I was still interested though, I'd be clearing my bench in anticipation and tripling my stash!!!

After posting this I looked at my avatar again - a beautiful Mirage 2000!!!! Ahh, those were the days...

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lets hope they spread their sights a little further in the fullness of time and indulge us with the Cheetah and others.

Cheers

Chris

It would be nice but i suspect the Cheetahs are just too niche for mainstream injection moulded. But at least with modern Kfir and IIIE kits converting to a Cheetah wont be such a chore.

Wow these kits are coming thick and fast these days - great news though at long last we can have a Belgian AF VBR & VBA

hell yeah Belgian Mirage V would be very welcome.

there goes the plan to downsize the stash... :mental:

Maybe the Cheetah wasn't built in big numbers, but look what they are producing next...F-16XL!?!?!?

Exactly.....what a waste of valuable resources.....time and plastic....far better to produce kits of those aircraft that have actually entered service and made a significant contribution to the history of aviation.

• 1 month later...

Four versions in one box: Mirage IIIE/O/R/RD - ref.48050

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.150625411771245.1073741825.129238860576567/356105184556599/?type=1&theater

Here is the box art for the upcoming 48050 Mirage IIIE/O/R/RD release, had to go through a couple of adjustments before release. We are in the final revisions from the second test shot. They are working on our notes now, once this is completed and another check is completed we will polish the mold and move toward release. The boxes and decal will be printed in mid-November, so this one is getting closer and closer, we still expect to have this "on shelf" next month!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.150625411771245.1073741825.129238860576567/356105184556599/?type=1&theater

Kineticmodel

Markings (decal desiged by Syhart Decal/France and printed by Cartograph):

- Mirage IIIE 4-BL « La Fayette » (Aluminium) French

- Mirage IIIR 33-TD « Cocotte » (Speed world record) (Camo High viz) French

- Mirage IIIRD 33-TL « Cocotte » (Small markings) French

- Mirage IIIO 3-7 “2 OCU” RAAF (Grey scheme) Australia

- Mirage IIIEE 11-06 “ALA11” (older Camouflage) Spain

Options:

1. AIM-9B, Matra 550 missile, RP30 – 1700L tank, MATRA JL-100 (rocket launching tank), LAU-32 (rocket launcher pod), RP19R (500L non-jettisonable supersonic tank), MATRA RPK10 (bomb launching tank) with MK82 bomb

2. Parts option for

- a. MIRAGE IIIE, IIIEA

- b. MIRAGE IIIO

- c. MIRAGE IIIR

- d. MIRAGE IIIRD

3. MK4 seat optional ejector handler

4. Position able flaps

5. Open / close main wing airbrake

6. HUD with clear parts

V.P.

Edited by Homebee