Beware Hi Build Primer!

zero

My wife on one of her runs to B&M & home bargains told me that one of them was selling primer.

Anyway I asked her to get me a tin so long as it wasn't red, and she duly returned with this.

409212515.jpg

anyway the part to be aware off, is the HI-Build bit, this was almost like spraying double cream wiped out nearly all the panel lines on my Harrier. So be aware of it. some times Cheap things are not what you think they are.

Dave

• Like 1

Ah now you see I have recently converted over to using halfrauds filler primer and i think its great stuff ok its yellow/brown but i haven't had trouble like yours with it.

I use hi-build primer when I want to quickly build up paint layers. Useful for masking off a panel, giving it a few coats to create a raised panel, although you have to let it cure for at least 24 hours after, as it stays quite soft for a while. :)

Read instructions before use ;)

• Like 1

I use hi-build primer when111I want to quickly build up paint layers. Useful for masking off a panel, giving it a few coats to create a raised panel, although you have to let it cure for at least 24 hours after, as it stays quite soft for a while. :)

Read instructions before use ;)

Well I can't say it was not big enough, just didn't think about it. I will keep it to hand, may help with Some matchbox trench lines :)

As you can see from the Gnats And brown paper, already replaced this stuff, with gray. Got 8 x 300 ml tins for £11 of ebay inc postage.

Hey, quit putting words (numbers) in my mouth! I didn't say "111I" :tease:

Hi-build = thick... so useful for filling trench lines. Spray (or decant into an airbrush like I did), wait, sand back the flat areas. Panel lines are reduced, then repeat as necessary... also, as I said earlier, it's great for making raised panels :)

High Build Filler is used by the auto industry/panel beaters to build up paint layers quickly. No the sort of stuff you need on a fine detailed model. You might be able to salvage the rest of the tin buy decanting it into a bottle and using it as a brush on seam filler.

Colin

This is what Hi-Build primer is for...

Pattern making/masters - surface finishing before detailing:

IMG_0652.jpg

Making good major areas of re-work/filler and providing raised panel effect as mentioned by Mike:

IMG_0701.jpg

HTH

Iain