Dragon Kingtiger Late Production 1/35

That's a great looking King Tiger, your hard work has really paid off and I'm glad you took the tracks off the glacis plate. It really looks good now, though tracks are a bit too rusty for me. I can't talk really as I haven't finished any afv's yet though! :)

• Like 1

:goodjob: You've done a very nice job with the camo, particuarly after applying the washes. Also agree with others about removing the tracks from the glacis. I think you have done a good job with the weathering but have maybe gone a little over the top with the amount of bare metal showing through the paintwork, mainly on the mantlet and area behind the commanders copula.

Overall though that is a a very nice KT.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

Thanks Matt thanks for the comments. yes someone else mentioned the bare metal showing through the paintwork so maybe i have done a bit too much and it should of rusted slightly,maybe the next one i do i will think of that before i get carried away weathering again. Here are a couple of other pictures showing the bare metal for you.

a_zps3c16348c.jpgb_zps52e9dd57.jpgc_zps4f9014c3.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks Sgt. What I want to know now is.. what to do with the models when finished. The pleasure is in making them now they take up space. Wife calls them dust collectors. :banghead:

Switch to 1/72 and store them in box-files.....I can get 20 to 30 vehicles in each box. :D

Glad you like it and as you can see the first two pictures with before Washes and after. Washes make a big difference but sometimes I go over the top and forget to stop and it can ruin the build.

Sgt Squarhead I think your right about the size, I will use what is left of my stash and then downsize to 1/72 to utilise what cupboard space I have. At the moment they are stuck in an outside storage shed.

Nice job. I don't think that the weathering is particularly overdone (except the tracks - far too rusty), and I do like the 'heavy metal' effect which I actually prefer to all the rust and streaking that some people go overboard with - even the likes of Mig Jiminez and others from the "Spanish school" fall into that trap at times. Some of their models look more like the subject has been stood out in a field for 12 years, exposed to the elements.

We should always bear in mind that the service lives of these vehicles were often measured in just a few weeks or even days, and they simply would not have had time to get into that state, especially as far as rust is concerned.

- Steve

Edited by Stashaholic Steve

Thanks Steve. yes your right about Mig Jiminez but he does do some good work. Maybe they are over the top a bit but I think they show the skill of weathering and you can learn and adapt on your own builds.